Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my mirage totaled, why won´t my airbags deploy?

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    I would not want that car repaired, if you were not at fault in the accident.

It is NOT worth what it was worth before the accident if it has been repaired. In my state Virginia, in the USA, there is a law that allows me to sue the insurance company for "diminished value".

I bought and rebuilt close to 200 cars damaged like that.

regards
    mech
    Well, here in Panama that´s very different. I don´t really like the idea of repairing the car, but declaring it total loss was not too good for me, because I would have to pay another 5,000 for my new loan payment. They would recognize me 11,000 dollars for the car in case of total loss, and I owe like 8,000 dollars to my actual loan. So I would be losing money, I will wait like 1 year and I´ll buy the new mirage g4 sedan.

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Most of the damage to your car was done when it hit the left rear tire-wheel of the truck. The rear axle on the truck is severely misaligned and that was the greatest force in twisting your front end. That is what spun the truck 180 degrees. Surprized it did not roll over if the tire had jumped over your hood.

I did body repair for almost a decade.

regards
    mech

Yes! I could notice that. The truck would not even roll or start.

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    It looks like it would be an easy fix. The damage looks like it primarily missed the frame rails. If parts are cheap for this car it could be a nice little project car. The air bags are not blown so that is even better. Look like core support is the main thing that was damaged under the bumper and fenders.

You`re right. The motor works pretty good, it was´nt too much involved.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Well if it wasnt your fault you should have killed that imbecile right away. also your airbags only deploys at 25 km/h which from the photo you were bellow as your car didnt take much damage...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like the Mirage held up good but unfortunately it doesn't take much to really hurt these little cars. My daughter wrecked hers only going about 20mph and hit the back of a truck. It cost $7200 to fix it. I was shocked that it wasn't totaled.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  19.9 KB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tate For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (01-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Doh, sorry to hear about that tate. You already got it fixed though?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Just got in an accident yesterday with mine. I also bought it yesterday
    The dealership I bought it from said its looking more towards the totaled side, but they are buying a new one for me if thats the case!
    Anyways, my airbags deployed and I feel like my damage isn't as bad as your car.

Name:  IMG_2932.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  72.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The damage on your car was more on the frame rails than the one above. If the passenger side frame rail is bent then it will most likely be totaled. What a good and bad day you had!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Italy
    Thanks
    Gnarles2, I could barely open up my passenger side door to get my phone from underneath the passenger seat (how it ended up there I don't know). Does this mean the passenger side frame rail is probably bent?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanday2 View Post
    Gnarles2, I could barely open up my passenger side door to get my phone from underneath the passenger seat (how it ended up there I don't know). Does this mean the passenger side frame rail is probably bent?
    Quite possibly. Bit it could also just be the fender that has bent and is blocking the door.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)