Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not very happy with my new Mirage purchase. (Mostly the ride quality)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I posted a pic, that's about all I can say about that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The pics are not showing up. It says error: invalid attachment.

I recommend you post on this thread:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...-Mirage/page29

Post that your car is for sale with the mileage, pics and so forth

Many people about to buy are looking at that ad and if they are cash buyers would be well advised to buy from you and save $1500 (plus not have to go to the dealership and the unpleasant buying experience).

I cant think of an item that is more distasteful buying experience than a new car. It feels like war against an enemy (thats how it felt for me, like high stakes poker)

EDIT: But before making any rash decision just wait 2 weeks and see if your feelings change. THere is no "getting out" of this predicament without a heavy financial penalty. You are "pot commited" as they say in poker

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=2882437
    Last edited by fc321; 03-18-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itsonme View Post
    I have been driving a stick for the past 7-8 years. I like to stretch my legs out to the pedals. I didn't really notice it was going to be an issue until my two hour drive. I'm sure it can be modified.

I looked at Edmunds trade in value for my car. It was like 8k. I have thought about trying to sell it privately, I think that wont be easy.

If anyone is interested in a Mirage with 230 miles, and just a few days old now would be a good time to speak up...lol.

Look, if I could just take a 1500.00 hit I would do it. Anymore and I struggle with the idea. Maybe the car will grow on me. Once I get over it, I will be looking to add the rear sway bar to start.

There are a lot of things I like about the car, the keyless entry, start, cruise, MPG, it is more roomy inside than it looks, I like the purr of the engine, the clutch is effortless, and when going straight on a nice road the ride is awesome.
    It will grow on you. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, it is just missing small things here and there. Handling can be fixed and it is one of the better balanced FWD in US market, though it may not look so with all body roll.

With respect to seat, have you played with height adjustment? Maybe it will help you get it into more comfortable position. Also seats break in and you get used to it or at least find more comfortable position. What worked for you in one car may not work in other.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    And this is what I was referring to as far as the pedals....Attachment 5446
    I'm curious to see pictures of your seat position.

I can imagine you wouldn't want to drive back to the dealership only to get a runaround and no satisfaction.

I also understand that the Mirage isn't for everyone. They aren't exactly selling like some other popular model cars.

Not sure what else to say that hasn't already been covered. A few owners here found that their rear axle is out of alignment and have taken some pretty creative steps to correct it, and have noted an improvement in handling. You might be able to improve handling to be acceptable, but if you can't find a comfortable seating position that money would be wasted. I guess from that point of view, you might want to start with a comfortable driving position first.

Some seat threads here on the forum, not sure if any of this will help:

Seats height

Aftermarket bucket seats

Aftermarket seats

Adding lumbar support

ROLL CALL (Bellevue, WA) Planted Technology Seat Brackets Development!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (03-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Also have you looked into memory foam cushions? Haven't used them in the car, but adding a layer of the memory foam to bike seat meant a difference between 2 hours and all day comfort. Here is a couple links take a look.
    https://jet.com/product/detail/f5afc...FcYlgQodCWINVw
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermo-Sensitive-Memory-Foam-Cushion/dp/B000XWJW6I

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Egg, I posted a picture in the Introduction. I just returned from having the VA inspection sticker removed, and having a West Va sticker put on.

I am not even going to pursue trading it, I'm aggravated enough with car dealerships and the such. Besides, I'm not willing to take a big hit, and I know it will be a big hit.

A question, when people talk about adding the rear sway bar...is that the one that will go behind the passengers seat? Or, does it go in the back of the car underneath the chasity?

I am going to have to get the drivers seat back somehow about 3-4 inches (no longer 4-6)

I'm turning the corner, happy to have something that I know will start, doesn't leak oil all over my driveway, and should be good for awhile.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Here is the rear sway bar. It attaches to the spring perches in the back.

DIY rear sway bar install

Just as a quick note, I am hopefully going to be testing a rear sway bar alternative this weekend that'll cost a good deal less... More info to come.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (03-18-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi Egg, I posted a picture in the Introduction. I just returned from having the VA inspection sticker removed, and having a West Va sticker put on.

I am not even going to pursue trading it, I'm aggravated enough with car dealerships and the such. Besides, I'm not willing to take a big hit, and I know it will be a big hit.

A question, when people talk about adding the rear sway bar...is that the one that will go behind the passengers seat? Or, does it go in the back of the car underneath the chasity?

I am going to have to get the drivers seat back somehow about 3-4 inches (no longer 4-6)

I'm turning the corner, happy to have something that I know will start, doesn't leak oil all over my driveway, and should be good for awhile.
    Name:  swaybar1.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  55.5 KB
    The sway bar is the one closest to the gas tank in this picture.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks doax, please let me know how it turns out. I thought that was the bar people talked about. I know I seen something with a bar going side to side behind the passengers seat as well. not sure what it was.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Damn. I should have hit refresh! lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)