Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should I return my Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I where you I would "pretend" that you want to return the car, and do some play acting here

and hold out until they offer you a $1000 discount and then finally "cave in" and accept. But I assure you they are making at least a $4000 profit on the car and that $1000 would look alot better in your pocket than in theirs.

And that car is a sales dog so I seriously doubt they will just let you walk out the door over $1000.

Now the trick here is to act like you want to return the car and that your mind is made up. You will have to do some Hollywood acting here. And dont ever let the number $1000 come out of your mouth.....if you mention "$1000" they will know that you are acting and will call your bluff. You must pretend in every way that you just want to return the car and you wait until they offer to discount it to $1000 or higher and when you hear that magic number thats when you say "okay....

EDIT: THe fact is you did some lousy negotiating from the outset (for agreeing to 12,000 in the first place) so you should count your lucky stars that you have been given a second opportunity to rectify a past mistake. Believe me that very few times in life do we get a second chance to correct a past wrong.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-20-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    If I where you I would "pretend" that you want to return the car, and do some play acting here

and hold out until they offer you a $1000 discount and then finally "cave in" and accept. But I assure you they are making at least a $4000 profit on the car and that $1000 would look alot better in your pocket than in theirs.

And that car is a sales dog so I seriously doubt they will just let you walk out the door over $1000.

Now the trick here is to act like you want to return the car and that your mind is made up. You will have to do some Hollywood acting here. And dont ever let the number $1000 come out of your mouth.....if you mention "$1000" they will know that you are acting and will call your bluff. You must pretend in every way that you just want to return the car and you wait until they offer to discount it to $1000 or higher and when you hear that magic number thats when you say "okay....

EDIT: THe fact is you did some lousy negotiating from the outset (for agreeing to 12,000 in the first place) so you should count your lucky stars that you have been given a second opportunity to rectify a past mistake. Believe me that very few times in life do we get a second chance to correct a past wrong.

Thanks for the advice. CarMax has a no-haggle policy, hence why I didn't ask for a discount, and I've never heard of anyone getting a discount from CarMax. I was actually happy with the price considering that 2014 Mirages from dealers in my area are around 11,000 and this has nav, which is a feature I have not seen available with the Mirages I've seen at dealers (seems rare). At this point I've pretty much resolved to keep the car and see if I can get anything done by Mitsubishi.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    yup, that's exactly what I meant
    Ah, I gotcha. Well, I wouldn't mind an aftermarket center console with an armrest, if that's what you mean by modding, 'cause I certainly am not touching the engine. Any suggestions? I've seen some pictures of armrests that fit in the rear cupholder but I haven't been able to find the good ones for sale...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Here are a thread that will get you the info you want:

Mirage Center Console w/ Arm Rest

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

wilbur (03-30-2016)