Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Mirage here now in Australia.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The first add on tv for the Mirage was on last night. Great to see it being advertised as Mitsu has been rather bad at advertising some of the cars in Oz over a number of years now.Hope they keep advertising them and not just a few weeks as they tend to do then wonder why they don't sell many cars here.

Last edited by jamiec; 01-29-2013 at 07:11 AM.

This one?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Oh wait, there's more up on the Aus Mitsu YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitsubis.../videos?view=0

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Yes Metro the first vid you posted up thats the one i had seen on TV.
    Have not seen the other one on TV yet.
    They realy like showing the purple colour.

I know! I think that's just telling us who Mitsu thinks their biggest market is.

I believe I read that the black and blue colours are optional in Oz - maybe only available on the top level car? That's a good trick for getting the guys to fork over more money in order to get a traditional "guy's" colour.

Not meaning to stereotype. I'm actually partial to that nuclear green shade myself.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I showed that purple color to my girlfriend. Her reaction was (emphasis mine) "Even as a lady, I do not want to be seen in that color!"

Nearly everyone who asked me about the Mirage wanted it in red with an automatic tranny. That goes for both the guys and the gals. The red color is handsome in person and is probably the most common color (along with black and white) on the streets around here.

In their Southeast Asian ad campaigns and the initial North American press releases, Mitsubishi used the baby poop yellow color; that probably half explains why the Americans all think its ugly. It looks better in person than it does in the brochures, really, but they should've used the blue and green ones instead. At least the Canadian teasers used nuclear green.*

Locally, Suzuki's preferred "advertising color" for their Celerio (Alto/A-Star) is hot pink. I think they got it right with that one, it's the only example I can think of where the color on the brochure and commercials actually matches the most common car on the road.

*I've seen my car variously described as "mint" green and "apple" green, and Mitsu's own brochure calls it "pop" green. The best adjective I've seen so far is MetroMPG's "nuclear", as in "the shade of green that stuff glows in the movies when they've just been nuked".
    Last edited by Alpha_One; 01-29-2013 at 09:05 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Mitsu Oz has extended the $12990 drive away price for the ES manual in white and they have extended the $1000 gift voucher to the end of February.

Interesting - I wonder if that means the incentive is working well, or not going well. They're definitely trying hard to kick-start sales in Australia.

I saw some interesting stats yesterday about the growth in the Aussie "light car" segment:

2007 - 12,000 sales
    2011 - 39,000 sales
    2012 - 60,000+ sales
    (source)

That would certainly explain why Mitsu is trying to get a foot in the door.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I think pretty much everyone's small car sales are increaseing at this point.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Mitsu Oz had a decline in sales here last month for there total car sales while some other companies made an increase in sales.
    Being that the Mirage is Mitsu's newest car here i gues they realy need to get it working for them before they slide off the market alltogether.