Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
Rkt ide definitely hold off on shelling coin for an ECU before you do some more testing

Does anyone know if you can just swap ECU's without having any calibrations or anything done?

If you need someone to double check some funny readings or whatever post what you need done and I'm sure someone will help. Unfortunately someone stole my good meter (its like a war zone in milwaukee) and i don't trust the harbor freight jobby around my ECM. Lol

Does the car start and run on 2cyl? There's a few things you should look at like the commanded timing value and the 02 sensor bank 1 voltage.

A stuck shut EXHAUST valve will still allow you to read good compression but obviously the engine would appear to be missing, even though it's actually not. Your 02 wouldn't read lean or rich because it's reading the working 2 cylinders.

I would also (as foama and eggman suggested) pay particular attention too the wiring connections.

Where did you have your negative test lead when you were reading the 2.5vdc? The battery or just a random ground?

The HERTZ test will obviously rule definitively if the ECM is firing the injector but not necessarily WHY it's not firing it. I do believe that the hertz test is polarity sensitive, also.

Maybe a local could meet up and just swap ecu real quick. Ide hate to see you waste $
The thing is I followed the FSM and with everything else they listed being ruled out its the ECM. ID liek to swap a computer out to see if it fixes the problem beforehand but finding someone to swap with will be the problem.