Thread: Having problems with my FAST key!!! HELP!! (SOLVED - caused by proximity badge)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Having problems with my FAST key!!! HELP!! (SOLVED - caused by proximity badge)

So just today my 2017 SE was acting weird. I’ve had no issues before and just hit 1,000 miles. I can unlock the doors just fine with the key in my pocket, but as soon as I open the driver door, the beeping sounds starts and inside, the amber key with exclamation point light come on. Only happens when I open the door. Car off or on! For example. I can start my car again with key in my pocket and open the door and it’ll beep and light flashes, but as soon as I close the door, it stops and I can walk away without it making another noise while my car is running. Just curious to know if anyone else had a similar problem? I’ve changed the battery in my fob and tried my other fob. Both didn’t change anything. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

Edit: Bammer878 found the cause of the problem - it was a proximity card left near the F.A.S.T. key reader slot. Thanks Bammer878!

Quote Originally Posted by Bammer878 View Post
    UPDATE!!!! So it started working fine again. I have a badge that has some kind of chip in it that allows me access through gates and stuff and that was in the cubby next to the key cubby. I don’t know if maybe that was interfering with the signal or not but I removed my badge from the center console and it’s working normal again! Will update again if maybe that was just a fluke or not. But I did try it a few times and it worked like normal so yay!

Last edited by Eggman; 09-25-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added solution