Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage G4 sedan photos, specs, details, pricing (U.S. / Canada)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

The Spark DOES have a sunroof option... ♐

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I wonder... is there a factory sunroof option anywhere in this entry level segment? Versa sedan? Chevy Spark?

I know there's not one available in the Nissan Micra in Canada.
    Hi...The Spark DOES have a factory sunroof option in its near top of the line model, at least here in the United States!!! Why not the Mirage in its top of the line versions for both sedan and hatch? Peace... AladdinSane ♐

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AladdinSane For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    I agree that it will be a harder sell. Especially since Nissans marketing budget is probably 10 times what Mitsubishi's is and they can really push the cheapest sedan thing. I think that Mitsubishi just needs to come out of the gate with aggressive pricing on all of the models. Since they have been out, there have been rebates on them ranging from $750 - $2000. Just cut the base prices on all of the models by $1250-$1500 bucks from the beginning. Then they still have a bit to play with if they have to. I know I would not have bought my Mirage for the almost $17,000 sticker price. The value is just not there. If they would have priced it at 15000 (I paid about 14,500) and did not have any rebates I would have still bought it because the value is there to justify that price. If they come out more expensive than the Versa, they are going to have a problem and will have to start discounting right away. The Versa is bigger, more powerful, similar gas mileage and has a more well-known name behind it. All of that matters when it comes to getting the price right. Every reviewer said that the Mirage was over-priced in the higher trim levels. Now they have a chance to correct it.
    Agree about the price....Yes, the Versa is bigger and more powerful, but I was not aware that it could reach similar MPG, say higher than 45 mpg, as many of us can log regularly in (non winter). I thought the Versa and the Fiesta are upper 30's low 40's, right?

Mirage vs. Versa MPG

Quote Originally Posted by cortisol View Post
    I was not aware that it could reach similar MPG, say higher than 45 mpg, as many of us can log regularly in (non winter).
    Check the 2013+ Versa stats on fuelly, and you see an average of about 35 MPG US for 77 vehicles:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/versa/all

Not very close to the 42.7 MPG US for the 118 Mirage 1.2L cars in our fuel log:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/emgarage-stats.php

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

cortisol (03-02-2016),cyclopathic (03-03-2016),Daox (03-02-2016),inuvik (03-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone else feelin' the Spark of the Chevy Spark? Kinda interested. Kinda.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    The early ones had a lot of problems. And, they are a rebadged Daewoo, so that is a no-go for me. I do like the styling they put on the '16s.

They got rid of those big goofy headlights!

U.S. debut

Name:  2017_Mirage_G4_HR-27-610x407.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  86.0 KB

The Mirage sedan was unveild in New York this morning, and the gallery & press release is now up on Mitsu's U.S. site.

I swear they must have 400 lbs of sandbags on the floorboards in these photos, because the ride height looks "normal" to my eyes, and we know from the Canadian pics it's going to be higher than that, standing on its tippy-toes like the hatchback.

Name:  2017_Mirage_G4_HR-31-610x407.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  72.2 KB

Press release:

March 24, 2016 — NEW YORK, NY

• Superior fuel economy and super-low Greenhouse Gas Emissions make the Mirage G4 one of the top environmentally conscious gas-powered sedans in the industry
    • Offers unexpected connectivity in a sub-compact car with Apple CarPlay support and Android Auto

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today unveiled the all-new 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4. A sibling to the well-established and popular Mirage hatchback, the all-new Mirage G4 brings consumers a fresh dose of clean style, environmental consciousness, agility, connectivity, affordability and value. The Mirage G4 goes on sale this spring at Mitsubishi showrooms across the country.

“A few years ago we entered the subcompact segment with the Mirage hatchback and its popularity with consumers has grown every year with its combination of top fuel economy, attractive pricing and one of the industry's best new car warranties. The new Mirage G4 repeats that value equation in a four-door sedan package,” said MMNA executive vice president, Don Swearingen. “The Mirage hatchback and now the Mirage G4 sedan will form a formidable one-two punch in the subcompact segment.”

The Mirage G4 will utilize the same powertrain of the 2017 hatchback, a revised 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine. The small displacement engine provides a harmonious blend of lively acceleration and efficiency. The Mirage G4 will be at the top of its class in combined fuel efficiency and C02 emissions. Inside, the Mirage G4's long wheelbase provides for a spacious interior cabin and trunk.

Adding an element of surprise and delight to the subcompact segment, the Mirage G4 will come equipped with available smartphone integrations, features typically reserved for higher priced vehicles. Support for Apple CarPlay™, the smarter, safer way to use your iPhone in the car, lets drivers make calls, get directions optimized for traffic conditions, listen to music, and access messages. Android Auto™ extends the Android™ platform into the car in a way that's purpose-built for driving.

Staying true to its value-driven roots, the Mirage G4 is supported by Mitsubishi's phenomenal warranties: fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty; 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty; 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty and a 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance.
    Press release: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...d-connectivity

Gallery: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...ctivity/photos

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Press release:
    mitsubishi unveils all-new 2017 mirage g4: A spirited sedan with style, value, agility and connectivity

• superior fuel economy and super-low greenhouse gas emissions make the mirage g4 one of the top environmentally conscious gas-powered sedans in the industry

• offers unexpected connectivity in a sub-compact car with apple carplay support and android auto

new york, ny march 24, 2016 – mitsubishi motors north america, inc. (mmna) today unveiled the all-new 2017 mitsubishi mirage g4. A sibling to the well-established and popular mirage hatchback, the all-new mirage g4 brings consumers a fresh dose of clean style, environmental consciousness, agility, connectivity, affordability and value. The mirage g4 goes on sale this spring at mitsubishi showrooms across the country.

"a few years ago we entered the subcompact segment with the mirage hatchback and its popularity with consumers has grown every year with its combination of top fuel economy, attractive pricing and one of the industry's best new car warranties. The new mirage g4 repeats that value equation in a four-door sedan package," said mmna executive vice president, don swearingen. "the mirage hatchback and now the mirage g4 sedan will form a formidable one-two punch in the subcompact segment."

the mirage g4 will utilize the same powertrain of the 2017 hatchback, a revised 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine. The small displacement engine provides a harmonious blend of lively acceleration and efficiency. The mirage g4 will be at the top of its class in combined fuel efficiency and c02 emissions. Inside, the mirage g4's long wheelbase provides for a spacious interior cabin and trunk.

Adding an element of surprise and delight to the subcompact segment, the mirage g4 will come equipped with available smartphone integrations, features typically reserved for higher priced vehicles. Support for apple carplay™, the smarter, safer way to use your iphone in the car, lets drivers make calls, get directions optimized for traffic conditions, listen to music, and access messages. Android auto™ extends the android™ platform into the car in a way that's purpose-built for driving.

Staying true to its value-driven roots, the mirage g4 is supported by mitsubishi's phenomenal warranties: Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty; 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain limited warranty; 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty and a 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance.

For more information on the all-new mirage g4 sedan please visit media.mitsubishicars.com and be sure to visit us on facebook, twitter, google+ and youtube.

Android™ and android auto™ are trademarks of google inc.
    IphoneŽ and apple carplay™ are trademarks of apple inc., registered in the u.s. And other countries.

About mitsubishi motors north america, inc.
    Mitsubishi motors north america, inc., (mmna) is responsible for all research and development, marketing and sales for mitsubishi motors in the united states. Mmna sells sedans and crossovers/suvs through a network of approximately 360 dealers. Mmna is leading the way in the development of highly efficient, affordably-priced new gasoline-powered automobiles while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery electric vehicles to develop future ev and phev models. For more information, contact the mitsubishi motors news bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

press conference vid

Mirage discussion starts at 18:35 to 20:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYlT8EmmTnY

Nothing really notable or new in the video, but there it is.

The sedan was literally not on the stage for the reveal, but off to the side of the main show (Outlander PHEV).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-24-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Interesting things to note on the G4 from looking over the specs and options:

- No GT trim, just ES and SE.
    - No manual trans on SE trim, CVT only (CVT on the ES its optional).
    - SE has front heated seats
    - Standard rear view camera on SE, optional on ES.
    - Auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink on SE, optional on ES.

EPA ratings for the sedan are lower than the hatch:

Trim - city/highway/combined
    Sedan manual - 33/40/35
    Hatch manual - 33/41/36

Sedan CVT - 35/42/37
    Hatch CVT - 37/43/39
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (03-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Mirage discussion starts at 18:35 to 20:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYlT8EmmTnY

Nothing really notable or new in the video, but there it is.

The sedan was literally not on the stage for the reveal, but off to the side of the main show (Outlander PHEV).
    The video is only 13:35, they barely even talked about the Mirage, just a quick glance! Odd way to introduce a long awaited new car.