Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Québec, Canada

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Hi from Québec, Canada

Hi, I spent a good time looking for an affordable car to replace my old 01 impreza Brighton. Last week, the old subaru broke one too many times and I knew it was going the last time I would do a repair on that money sinkhole.

I'm still studying at the university, so I can't afford a big paiement and I didn't want to deal with repairs anymore. So I started to look in the sub compact cars. I'm kind of a minimalist too, so I always thought that those small cars were a logical choice since I don't need anything more than that.

So I went to a couples of dealers to test drive some of those tiny cars. I tested the yaris, the micra and the mirage. For the driving experience, I found the micra to be the most responsive but the suspension are way too stiff for our roads in Québec, the potholes capital of the world. On the other side the mirage was way smoother, but it had more roll while turning (anyway I'm kinda used to that in my old subaru). The yaris was alright overall, but way more expensive.

So finally, I chose the mirage 2017 es+ 5m because the price was better than others, and the warranty is ridiculously good compared to those other two. Also I’ll be adding a roof rack.

Anyway here are of the photo of the beast :P

Name:  DSC_2019.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  97.2 KB

Name:  DSC_2020.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  DSC_2021.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  97.3 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PLD For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-09-2016),MetroMPG (06-09-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 1,125 Posts
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! I love my '17, I'm sure you will too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 2,134 Posts
    Welcome to the forum, PLD. I like that color - it looks good. Of course, we here also think you made the right choice.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new car with it's roof rack. What other changes are you planning for your Mirage?

PS: I understand roof racks can have an impact on fuel consumption.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Bienvenue ici, PLD!

I know what you mean about the roads. I go to Camp Fortune for snowboarding par Rue de la Montagne/Notch beaucoup chaque hiver. I once saw a Civic with broken front suspension on Montagne. Lots of bumps!

It's definitely true the Mirage will be a smoother ride than the other 2 cars. Supposedly the body roll is reduced for 2017 compared to the previous years. I haven't had a chance to compare yet, but one review said it's not a big change.

Did you buy at Rallye Mitsubishi de Gatineau?

Congrats!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replys everyone! To MetroMPG, that's how Québec roads are haha, it's not the best place for lowriders and stiff rides and yep I got it from the Rallye Mitsu from Gat. They had the best price. I just hope the service is gonna be alright.

And also I know the rack is gonna be hurting my MPS's a little bit but I'm an avid skier and mountain biker so it's a must for me. When I'll get the roof rack n bike rack, I'll take a few pics of the car with my bike on it. Anyway, this small car with a rack is still gonna kick a$$ compared to my old turbo subie in the mpg

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If you concern about MPG get a hitch carrier for mountain bike. They generate less drag than roof.

Not sure if can get ski hitch carrier though good luck

EDIT: Thule makes one
    http://www.amazon.com/Thule-Tram-Hit.../dp/B009AVRMYC

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-09-2016)

^ Agreed: rear hitch carrier has the smallest impact for bike racks.

FYI, I measured a BIG fuel consumption penalty @ ~55 mph/~90 km/h with a bike on top of my 3-cylinder Firefly, and even with empty racks it was still significant:

• Just adding (empty) roof racks reduced fuel economy -7.0 mpg / -12.7%.
    • Putting the mountain bike on the rack absolutely destroyed the mileage! Down -15.1 mpg / -27.3%

http://metrompg.com/posts/roof-racks.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PLD View Post
    yep I got it from the Rallye Mitsu from Gat. They had the best price. I just hope the service is gonna be alright.
    The reason I asked: that dealership was specifically mentioned in a press release from head office for sales success: http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...ay-sales-up-65

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. I also really like the color of the car. Congrats!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice a 2017!! They look pretty sharp! I'm from New England, so I definitely understand the pot holes problem. It looks like we have the same color, but I really like that updated grill. Enjoy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)