Thread: Operation & details of the Auto Stop & Go (engine stop/start) on a 1.2L CVT Mirage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    (Admin note -- this thread split from: adding the stop & go feature? )

Hi guys,

Are the two Dutchmen really the only people on this forum driving a Space Star/Mirage with an Auto Stop and Go system (AS&G)?

I tried to picture my alternator (95 A according to the manual), but the result was a mess, due to my limited photographic abilities.

I had a good look at my battery. The label says: "20 HR, 66 Ah, for stop and start". That seems to suggest that Mirages without AS&G have smaller batteries fitted. Could you guys without AS&G please check what's under the bonnet?

The European Space Star has a switch on the dash to disable the AS&G, but I always leave it 'on'. It works flawless in my CVT: just take your foot off the brake, the engine starts and gives you a smooth little push forward (I call it a 'kick'), for instant driving speed.

In the following situations the AS&G will not function:

- You don't use your safety belt.
    - The driver's door is not completely closed.
    - The bonnet is open.
    - The coolant temperature is too low.
    - The airco system is busy cooling the inside of the car. (Climate Control).
    - The inside of the car is heated. (Climate Control).
    - The rear window heating is 'on'.
    - The airco is in 'auto'-mode and switched in either the max or min position.
    - After starting the car it has not gone faster than 5 km/h.
    - After starting the car no more than 30 seconds have passed.
    - The car is started en stopped within 10 seconds.
    - The selection handle of the CVT is in any other position than 'D'. (AS&G will not function in 'Ds'!)
    - The Automatic Stability Control is either switched off or active.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to talldino For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (09-22-2014),Daox (08-05-2013),Eggman (04-12-2016),MetroMPG (07-09-2021)