Thread: Question? Thought? Discussion? Possible bolt on turbo manifold with td03 turbo???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question? Thought? Discussion? Possible bolt on turbo manifold with td03 turbo???

I ran across this quite awhile ago while looking at other projects an thought it was interesting. The BMW N54 engines, have integrated manifold/turbos that are V-band compatible for a downpipe as well as internally wastegated to around 4 psi, plenty to bump power in a little 2000lb. i3. Best way to see how close the primaries are to one another and see if it would be feasible would be to buy a 335i or 135i N54 exhaust manifold gasket and a 2014-2017 Mirage exhaust gasket to compare each against one another, but according to the pics below, they look pretty similar. I don't yet have a Mirage, but thought it may be useful to somebody.

As far as engine management, Emanage Blues (yes blue.....I know the crappiest), has an injector harness or up to 6 injectors, so 3 extra injectors (or less) could be wired and could also be used to eliminate the original fuel cut form the ECU/PCM to extend the rev limit past factory. Basic explanation is to use the extra 3 injector wires (each injector would have 2 injector wires) to each of the already existing 3 injectors and these injector wires would be used to send signal from the Emanage Blue to the injectors after the initial fuel cut. These 3 extra injector wires would need a diode wired into the wires to make sure the injector signal is 1-way and the factory fuel cut is bypassed. Or they could be set up to add extra fuel if needed to 3 supplemental injectors, leaving the stock rev limit intact. Emanage blue is pretty easy to find for $100 these days as most popular vehicles throw it away or use a better management system (such as FIC, etc.).

Either way, just hoping it'd help someone out or somebody may be interested in the idea and pursue it.....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MugenReplica For This Useful Post:

2of9 (10-31-2016),Daox (12-08-2016),gone.a (10-31-2016)