Thread: Hi everyone, I'm new

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new

Hello everyone,

I just drove my new 17 mirage es off the lot on lunch today. it's mercury grey, manual, added bluetooth, fog lights, window visors and all weather floor mats.

I intend on putting alloy wheels on for the summer, and keep the steel wheels for the winter.

I am also planning on putting yaris rear springs in it, and the ultra racing rear sway bar.

I bought this car as a daily driver. I have an 08 Audi A3 2.0T 6-speed manual. I also have a 99 Suzuki Savage 650. They both sit in the garage all winter, and I traded in my 15 grand caravan that I hated, and never should have bought. I'm an enthusiast, so even though I don't plan on modifying this car much, that might change.

This car is my daily. My commute isn't terrible, 20 minutes, but I sometimes work a second job on the weekends delivering pizza and 19 mpg's in the grand caravan was KILLING me. So I decided since I have a "fun car" already, I just wanted an economy car that I could park anywhere. I literally had 3 things I had to have. I wanted a manual, 35 mpg at least, and Bluetooth. I got what I wanted for a price I can afford, and got all the accessories I wanted as part of my deal. I was thinking about picking up an old Metro, but with the price on this new mirage, the deal I got and the warrenty, I'll take it.

I'm in upstate NY, USA, so winter tires will be mandatory for me, which is why I wanted an ES with steel wheels. Does anyone put studded snows on their mirage? Did it make a difference over regular snow tires?

This forum has been great. I've been reading it for a solid week before I even registered. Tons of useful information here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CSCustomCars For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-10-2017)