Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a new car and will be purchasing one before the end of the year. The Mirage is likely to be the car that I purchase. You might ask why the Mirage. It's not the price (though that's a definite plus). My reason for wanting the Mirage is twofold. First, it's the MPG. I believe that using any gas over what is necessary to go from point A to point B is literally burning money.

The second reason is that I used to have a Geo Metro that never got less than 50 mpg although it often got more. My Geo Metro was my favorite car that I have ever owned. I could really make it perform with the manual transmission, and it was small enough to fit anywhere and go anywhere. My Geo Metro never once let me down. I ran the wheels off it. From my research, the Mirage's specifications are closest to the Metro's specifications than any other car on the market. They both have 3 cylinders, both are light cars, and the horsepower and torque of the Mirage is just slightly above the Metro.

I know that 50 mpg is not the norm for the Mirage, but if I could average better than 40 mpg, I'd be happy. I live out in the country so most of my driving is on country roads or through small towns. I rarely drive in congested areas and I rarely drive where there are many stoplights.

So, anyway, I'm happy I have found this forum, and I hope to learn more about the Mirage. Thank you for reading.