Thread: So I towed a car with my mirage.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Towing it ranged from 34-32. Dropped down to 30mpg in the mountains and the cold. When I got near Ohio I was driving through the snow.

The mirage did much better than even I expected. I expected it to be terrible. It was not good but not terrible.

Out of all the towing experiences I've had this doesn't even rank in the top 3 scariest lol.

By far the worst towing experience I've ever done was a 1989 f350 crew cab pulling a 53 foot gooseneck with a Cressida, ls1 240sx, and ae86 Corolla, plus 24 wheels/tires 2 tool boxes, 3 people and supplies. We went through scales and were at the legal limit 24,980 lbs (under 26,000 total).

The truck had new brakes all around, new master cylinder, good trailer brakes, still wouldn't stop. Flat out we timed 0-60mph took 1 minute and 48 seconds flat level ground with the 7.3 diesel. We took a few grades in Colorado that brought us down to 5-7 mph in 1st gear. We took some grades in Montana/Idaho/Washington we almost lost the truck a few times due to not being able to slow down on grades.

Strangely enough the 3500 cummins diesel truck we got for the second trip had a combined carrying capacity with the trailer that put us over 26,000, so we had to switch back to the dangerous old f350.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-23-2016)