Thread: Developing a cruise control kit - now for sale!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    I'm somewhat interested but not in a conventional cruise control. The problem with cruise control is that they usually coast to the bottom of the hill then floor it all the way up the hill. Not very efficient. I would like to see a cruise that uses the engine speed as a limiting factor in acceleration more than the wheel speed. As an example, if you are hypermiling, you would be more concerned with how much pressure you put on the gas pedal than how well you are maintaining a set speed. So my ideal cruise would cut off at a high set speed like conventional but apply the gas in a more conservative fashion using engine vacuum maybe - I don't know. It would be the egg on the gas pedal - only allowing so much acceleration. It would be annoying top the other cars on the road but I'm ok with that.
    Find an aftermarket cable controlled cruise control, hook it to the gas pedal with lots of slack in it so it can't floor the car or put a block under the pedal. Or design a cruise that works off vacuum. When the car makes too little vacuum(high load/revs) it backs off the throttle? Just please don't merge onto a freeway like a turtle in front of me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (01-03-2018),Daox (01-03-2018),Timinator (07-10-2018)