Thread: test drive cvt mirage this morning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

test drive cvt mirage this morning

Hi, Thanks to everyone that responded to my questions on reliability etccc. I just test drove a cvt mirage at Pape Mitsubishi in South Portland ME. I was actually pleasantly surprised. My concerns besides reliability were cvt noise, body roll and highway acceleration. Im coming from a scion xa so Im not hard to impress really. I thought the cvt was a little noisy but you've got to listen for it, no biggie to me, the body roll was evident but again, not something I wouldn't get used to and hey, slow down in the corners anyway ! The cvt power/acceleration was......adequate. It feels about the same as my 106hp scion actually. You have to drive safely and merge safely and know what you've got. No "I can make it if I pull out quickly" or I can pass these 2 cars before the semi gets close" attempts in the mirage. Just like most other small compacts on the road today. I can forgive these little issues for the price and fuel economy savings. Just go out yourself and drive one. Don't believe any bad reviews. It is what it is nothing more, nothing less. I welcome all comments. Ill be ready to buy either this or the new Honda fit at the end of the summer so we will see.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironhead For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-18-2014),MetroMPG (04-18-2014)