Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Netherlands

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Hello from the Netherlands

Hi Mirage enthusiasts,

Mitsubishi's little zoomer has finally found its way to the Netherlands. It is a bit unfortunate that its name is Space Star in my country. I am going to test-drive the CVT the day after tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions? Anything I should pay attention to in particular? I have no experience with three cylinder engines, my present car is a Renault Clio with a four speed automatic. I'll let you know the results of my test-drive.

Regards,

dino

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Dino.

No real recommendations for the test drive. Just drive it and see what you like about it. Perhaps check out the fuel log (link up top) to see what others are currently getting for fuel economy.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome Dino as Daox said just drive it and see how it goes etc. Look foward to you views on the car after your drive please keep us updated.

If your interest is getting good fuel economy, you might want to have a look at the CVT tips video posted in this thread:

Rally driver gives fuel economy tips for driving the CVT Mirage (Video)

As for the 3-cylinder engine, you will probably find it "lumpy" at idle, if you haven't driven one before. And it has a different sound than you'll be used to under load. Lots of reviews call it the 3-cylinder "thrum". I like the sound of a 3, but I've owned several.

I think it's just the 1.2L car that comes with the CVT in the Netherlands, yes?

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading your thoughts about the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

PS: I'm also curious to know if the front anti-roll bar is fitted to your car in the Netherlands. If you could peek under the front and let us know, that would be great.

Here's the anti-roll bar on an Australian-spec car. Photo is from the front of the car, looking toward the rear/side:

(From this thread: New Mirage here now in Australia.)

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your warm welcome and your swift remarks. Yes, the CVT only comes with the 1.2 engine here in the Netherlands. No GLS or GLX however, the CVT is sold in three variations: 'Invite', 'Intense' and 'Instyle'. The 'Instyle' delivers all the goodies, including sat-nav and reverse camera. I'll get down on my hands and knees to look for the front anti-roll bar. I watched the fuel economy video, that was very interesting, 2000 RPM on the motorway, I'll keep that in mind. The Dutch leaflet promises 25 km/l, the Philippines and Malaysia versions state 21 km/l. Warranty also varies in different parts of the world: 3 years, 5 years, even 8 years. Anyway, I'm quite sure I'll enjoy myself tomorrow!

dino

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Have fun with the test drive. Do you have the manual trans as an option there or just the CVT?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hi jamiec,

Yes, the manual is also available, but I'm addicted to automatics.

Quote Originally Posted by talldino View Post
    The Dutch leaflet promises 25 km/l, the Philippines and Malaysia versions state 21 km/l.
    Of course, you won't get the rated fuel economy in cold weather, or going from a cold start on a short test drive. But at least you don't have to contend with mountainous terrain.

And I'm sure you're aware the Euro estimates are quite... let's say "optimistic" for a typical driver.

Warranty also varies in different parts of the world: 3 years, 5 years, even 8 years.
    Amazingly, it's 10 years / 160,000 km here in Canada (powertrain components). I just discovered that recently.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I aim for a decent 16 km/l to 17 km/l, which is much better than my Clio (12 km/l). Warranty here in the Low Lands is a rather meager 3 years.