Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    All my lug nuts have lost their chrome finish.

Took the car in for it's 7500 mile service (1st time back to the dealership since my Nav unit was replaced a day after purchase for a non functioning mic).

Dealership refused to replace the lugs after conferring with Mits as they "currently perform their intended function".

I expressed disappointment, but understanding. Verified (tongue in cheek) that when the wheels start to fall off, the Road Side Assistance will tow the vehicle to them.

Also let them know that this does impact my choice when making future vehicle choice, so the decision may be penny wise, pound foolish.

I have had very good experience with previous Mits standing behind their vehicles under warranty. Had an 8 year old Lancer's rear panels replaced under warranty for rust in the wheel wells. Cost of that repair probably came close to the residual value of the vehicle, but they ordered OEM panels, disassembled car, painted panels, and reassembled with $0 cost to me.

As all lugs have lost their chrome finish, at least they match - just low luster compared to new.
    My dealer replaced four of mine under warranty. The reason they are chromed is so that they DON'T corrode and become stuck to the studs. So if they are corroding already, then they are not 'performing their intended function'.

'Acorn' style nuts, with a closed end, are used on vehicles with alloy wheels because the nuts will not be protected with a plastic wheel cover.

The lug nuts used with the steel wheels have an open end and are not chromed.

Last edited by Cobrajet; 12-02-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No warranty work for me other than waiting for Mitsubishi to replace my rear axle. The longer I wait, the more I think it may just be a waste of time, unless they make it really adjustable in 2017, so I don't have to adjust it myself.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    No warranty work for me other than waiting for Mitsubishi to replace my rear axle. The longer I wait, the more I think it may just be a waste of time, unless they make it really adjustable in 2017, so I don't have to adjust it myself.

regards
    mech
    How long have you been waiting? They told me it'd take 1-2 weeks to get it in. I hope I'm not stuck waiting for months. If those things are coming shipped by boat from Thailand, that's at-least a 10-week cruise for any container ship. Minus stop offs...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had my 2015 DE looked at today for difficulty shifting into 2nd gear.

Tech adjusted clutch pedal as there was excess slop in it already and looked over shifter components and cables. Shifting smoother now.

Good to hear.

Don't forget to update your shifter thread so people reading it know how it turned out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Curious about the 2nd gear issue. Was the clutch not completely disengaging?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Curious about the 2nd gear issue. Was the clutch not completely disengaging?
    The tech felt it didn't hurt to be sure, so he tightened up the clutch cable pretty much eliminating any slop the pedal used to have, the catch point didn't change any closer or further from the floor tho, just the amount of free play.

They suggested I drive it a bit more and see what happens. It is easier to shift to 2nd but still not as smooth as the other gears.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Bumping so we don't forget about this.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had my rear axle replaced under warranty due to mis-alignment. Super easy, and they did it with zero problems and zero questions asked.

Had it done at 1,000 miles on the odometer. Took 6 hours. Picked up the car that night.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One of the seat belt retractors was bad in the back seat of one of my Mirages. Replaced under warranty. No other problems so far