Thread: New Attrage owner Laos

Country
    Laos
    Thanks

New Attrage owner Laos

Hi Everyone,

I have driven and been a fan Hondas ( 93' civic 88' Prelude 2010 CRV) but now in Laos I have become a Mitsubishi fan.

I drive a 1988 ish Mitsubishi Lancer with a 4g13 12 valve engine. Recently we just got a 2015 Mitsubishi Attrage in black( mt 15inch dark chrome alloys leather seats). Drove it home yesterday (only 15km on the clock) and averaged 7.5l/km with the AC on. I don't feel the car as slow as the reviews say, and the Attrage sedan is pretty quiet.

This forum is pretty awesome, glad to join.

Aztlan

Hey there -- welcome! You're our first member from Laos.

Congrats on the sedan. I'm going to guess you got the CVT (from your 'quiet' comment). I was amazed how relaxed/quiet the CVT hatchback Mirage felt at cruising speed with the trans striving to keep engine revs down. And the sedan has even better sound insulation.

Mitsu has been teasing us: we just got the strongest indication last week that the sedan is likely arriving on North American shores ... next year.

Factory wheels? Please make a garage entry/post a couple of pics.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Laos
    Thanks
    Oh no we got the manual transmission. My wife and I like the feeling of driving manual. I felt it was still quiet. Although I didn't get to really give it a good run (mother in law was with us). Just a nice leisurely drive at 50km/h home. Here in Laos we don't get a choice of glx or gls. I didn't even know about the new dark chrome option but we got it on our Attrage. Dark chrome grill and alloys. Also our interior is all black (which I like better) leather seats with red stitching. Bluetooth on the wheel too.

Country
    Laos
    Thanks
    Laos is a very dusty country. Already lots of dust on the car
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztlan View Post
    Laos is a very dusty country. Already lots of dust on the car
    those rims are pretty sweet!!! Congrats on your new car!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The few pics look great. Congrats on the Attrage, and welcome to the site!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Aztlan View Post
    Oh no we got the manual transmission. My wife and I like the feeling of driving manual. I felt it was still quiet.
    Fantastic. Go Team Manual!

The CVT would be even quieter at cruise (but not when accelerating hard). But I've also read the sedan is quieter overall (regardless of trans) owing to having the passenger compartment separate from the cargo area, wheel wells, etc. Also I believe other insulation was added and engine mounts revised.

I doubt we'll ever see leather on any Mirage over here! Fancy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Laos
    Thanks
    Thanks everybody. Glad to be apart of the community. I see many Attrages here in Laos currently. It's the best value for money!

You're one of the few members who could drive the car home from the factory if you wanted to. No ship transportation required.

Country
    Laos
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You're one of the few members who could drive the car home from the factory if you wanted to. No ship transportation required.
    Haha yea that's true. I never thought about that.

But if you have ever been to or seen Thai driving before I would be so freaked out to drive home a new car from there