Page 27 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap used Mirages you've seen for sale?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Name:  mirage.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  46.0 KB

2015 DE, CVT, 7k miles, in Salt Lake City, UT for $6,999.

2015 Mirage - $6,999

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Salvage title.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-11-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  mirage.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  63.2 KB

2014 DE, 5 speed, 29k miles in Totowa, NJ for $6,495.

Pretty good deal there IMO.

2014 Mirage - $6,495
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-17-2016)

Wow that's cheap! I could actually afford this little black bean. What's the lowest price thus far? Not crashed, not salvaged, just normal, for a 14/15 DE/ES?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the cheapest I've seen is $6k. I've seen two for that price, but they usually have a good amount of miles on them. One had around 100k, the other had 45k.

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    I am curious about these asking prices. When it says USD 6495,- how much will one have to pay with taxes and so forth? What would you write if it was sold private to private party?

The reason I am asking is that I will have to sell my Dolly this summer, since I have to return to Europe and I want to know how to properly write ads for it.

thx a lot

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    If you're in the Pacific NW there are a few NEW DE's available for $10998. Looks like they have 5 at this price!

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/181DC92F

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks those must be Former Rental Cars. Because they also had about 5 Outlander. With low mileage . Good deal for someone who needs one.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Thanks those must be Former Rental Cars. Because they also had about 5 Outlander. With low mileage . Good deal for someone who needs one.
    New, not used. They all have less than 20 miles on them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I am curious about these asking prices. When it says USD 6495,- how much will one have to pay with taxes and so forth? What would you write if it was sold private to private party?

The reason I am asking is that I will have to sell my Dolly this summer, since I have to return to Europe and I want to know how to properly write ads for it.

thx a lot
    You would have to factor in the cost of title, registration, doc fees, county tax, state tax, etc. I would say add 10% on top of the sold price. As an example, if we bought this Mirage for $6,500 plus 10% you're talking an extra $650 out the door. So most likely $7,150. I would round it to $7,500 just to be safe. This way when you are shopping, give yourself $1,000 of headroom for these extra costs on top of the "advertised" price so you won't be surprised or disappointed.

As an example, I purchased my i-MiEV for roughly $11,000. With 10% in taxes and fees it was an additional $1,100. A total of $12,100 out the door. I wasn't expecting to pay that much in taxes and fees so give yourself at least $1,000 headroom so it won't catch you off guard too. Taxes and fees can't be avoided so better to just be prepared, pay up and get it out of the way so that you can start happily driving your new vehicle.

Private sales usually sell for less than what a dealership asks. But it can depend on the condition of the vehicle. I would check what local dealerships, small or large, are selling a similar equipped Mirages for and price yours below that. This will attract buyers to your sale over the competition. Or maybe you can price it the same or above but then you have put yourself in the buyer's shoes and ask yourself why would I pay the same or more from a private seller with no guarantee of any kind versus a dealership, maybe even a Mitsubishi dealership, selling a certified used Mirage? Personally I would pick the dealership at first as it is a legitimate business entity that has more responsibility and reputation on the line than a private seller. Of course sometimes a private seller can sell a much better maintained vehicle with all records, proofs and history to backup the higher asking price. Dealerships don't always sell whats best and do not like to invest money into a car they're looking to flip. I work for a dealership and I see this happen all the time. A private seller may sometimes have the better car and the better deal!

As another example, when I purchased my i-MiEV it was missing a second key plus the remote control key. I was able to get them to reimburse me for a second key ($180) but not the remote controller (which costs roughly $800-$1,000). And this was from a GMC Buick dealership in Ohio (I'm in Illinois), and not a Mitsubishi dealership. I purchased the car "online and over-the-phone" and had it delivered to my home sight unseen. Talk about a risky gamble! It paid off though as I got the exact trim level and accessories I wanted, a fair price and at only 600 miles the car was basically a Mitsubishi dealership demo vehicle with a main drive battery that was replaced under warranty.

The fact that these Mirages have depreciated so quickly can be seen as a double-edge sword. The same can be said about my i-MiEV. On the one hand, buyers looking to buy used are going to have many choices in low mileage cheap Mirages. That current $6,500 price is near half of what it cost new just 2 years ago. On the other hand, if you are already an owner and looking to sell or trade, the value has depreciated quite fast that your car is now worth half as much as when you bought it in just two years. This thread is filled with "rare finds" though as most used Mirages probably don't sell so cheaply. But if you happen to run across one at this low price, its a good deal for a solid little 40-50 MPG-mobile.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 02-18-2016 at 04:11 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (02-18-2016),deleted user (02-18-2016),Donut (02-18-2016)