Thread: New Mirage Owner Near Houston Texas

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New Mirage Owner Near Houston Texas

Hi there everybody.
    Have been doing research on this forum for a little while now, and finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Mirage ES 5MT a little over a month ago. More happy than I ever thought I would have been, and SUPER stoked about my fuel mileage! I will do my best to contribute to the forum and look forward to learning things from all the experienced individuals here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Congratulations TXmirageGUY. What color did you get?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats!!! I have a 2014 ES 5MT. Had it since June and love it! Have about 6,000 miles on it now. Enjoy your new ride!

Congrats and welcome!

Sounds like another new owner who used the forum for research before buying:

Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. It would be great to see you add a garage entry and fuel log for the car.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks everybody!

motormontreal- I ended up with the Sapphire Blue somewhat by default, but I've ended up liking it after all. There was not much choice with the combo I desired in the Houston area without having to wait or special order to guarantee me a vehicle. All-n-all, I'm stoked and every time I look at that mpg gauge it makes me smile, and I get this pretty awesome sense of enjoyment when I do the hand calc and it's spot on.

fatcat- Had mine right at a month and a half and I'm creepin right up behind you on the mileage....(just shy of 5k) :-/ haha. The more I drive the Mirage though, the more I benefit from the great mileage.

MetroMPG- Yes! I dug through bunch of junk reviews to find the truth of these little gas misers. Luckily enough, I can sniff out an uninterested(or biased) reviewer fairly easy. It's rather unrealistic to compare a super economic, low priced vehicle to those in the 2x and greater price range. That being said, I have really no complaints about the Mirage. Some things that were mentioned in some actual reviews have been noticed, but for the price of the vehicle, amount of money saved in fuel, having a brand new car with a 10yr 100k warranty..... you won't here me complain about it not riding like a Cadillac! To answer your question, my other vehicle is a 2007 f-250 diesel(I know.... probably just took myself down a notch before I ever got to one! haha). The Ford was getting 20mpg before it started having the typical injector problems known to these trucks. To further explain my reason for buying the car, I have a 100+ mile daily commute. Today, in Houston traffic I made it home and my dash mpg gauge read 47.9. I will definitely be verifying that when I fuel up this evening.

Daox- I will definitely do those once I figure this thing out. Read through the fuel log before, but havent looked into it just yet. Will check into it this evening. Thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TXmirageGUY For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-16-2014)

The Ford was getting 20mpg ... I have a 100+ mile daily commute.
    Wow - say no more. The car is probably paying for itself in gas savings, even with the lower price of gas !

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)