Hello I currently own a 2014 1.0l ecoboost ford fiesta. I have done quite a bit of mods to it and I have grown to enjoy it. The thing I love the most is the car loves to be thrown into tight corners at high speeds, it handles so well and it loves to rev high. However at the autocross events everyone just sighs as they see another fiesta and knows what they are capable of which is sort of depressing.

Last week I got to drive a mirage for the first time and fell in love with it, the noisy chain driven 3 cylinder engine, the sleek styling. It is not something anyone would expect to make power from.. But I see potential as it is a mitsubishi and it should respond well to tuning and modding. I know there is no hand-held remap tool but I would say bye-bye warranty and put a standalone EMS in it. How easy is it to take the head off one of these engines? Do you need a special tool to hold things in place like the newer ford engines? I would like to do an engine build. Buy a spare engine, see if this could be bored, port and polish the head, better pistons, rods, valve springs. Now I know lowering compression in such a small car would be drastic and possibly kill you from the launch so I was thinking why not go for a stage 2 supercharger running 11:1 compression with mater+meth?

Could anyone tell me how these cars perform once lowered with strut bars? I noticed the steering is kind of sloppy too, lots of play in the wheel, would an aftermarket steering wheel fix this? I have a spare momo wheel laying around I could use. Also do you think this car is worth the task of reverting my fiesta back to stock (may take a while) and trading it in for one of these? I just want it to turn heads when they see a 800kg 3 banger mirage laying rubber screaming out of the straight pipes as the BOV goes off.