Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 1.0 CVT in Europe

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks

Looking for 1.0 CVT in Europe

hi Mirage/Space Star owners,

I am Dan and I am looking for a Space Star in Europe. I used to own a few Mitsubishi's in the past and the Space Star seems the best buy in the supermini segment.

So I walked in some dealerships in Holland and there they said there is a 1.0 with CVT coming. I googled it but only in Japan it's available in this configuration.

http://www.autotrack.nl/tweedehands/..._star/12818570 here is a advert there is nothing available on the european Mitsubishi sites of the 1.0 CVT

Do you guys know more about it ? and is the 1.0 CVT as good as the 1.2 CVT.

Last edited by Emerald Green; 03-03-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    I have the 1.0 manual transmission, have also driven a 1.2 and really can't tell much difference.

I certainly have noticed these cars being (purposly?) advertised very wrongly in Europe, for example with data from one model mixed up with data from another model at a price for the "stripped naked" model. There is one particular dealer in a southern German city that begins with the letter "A" that repeatedly does this, although I have written to him and personally told him of his "mistake" more than once. It would take a nasty person to think he is doing this on purpose to make tricked customers go to him...
    Last edited by foama; 03-03-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    Indeed Foama some dealerships do these kind of things its to attract more customers. It also amazes me that the trimlevels in (Holland,Germany,Belgium are very different. I like the Klassik Kollektion trim in Germany especially those rims.
    http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...=EXPORT&noec=1

Hello, Emerald Green.

I have not seen any reviews of the 1.0L CVT -- primarily because they're in Japanese!

The CVT will sap more power & acceleration than the manual. It will be considerably slower to be sure. Whether that's acceptable, only you can answer.

We have a handful of 1.0L owners in the forum (all manual shift), and only one of them occasionally complains that the engine isn't powerful enough -- though I expect that reflects more on driving style.

I'm not sure your motivation for wanting the CVT, but in the real world, manual transmission drivers are getting better fuel economy than CVT drivers, despite the government ratings predicting the opposite.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

PS: you chose Curacao as your flag -- are you really there?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    An interesting ad. Never heared of the "Klassik Kollektion" model for €12000 before. Btw, mine cost only €8000 drive away price, including aircon and radio, but no alloy rims. There is nothing I miss, and don't want alloy rims for practical reasons.

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    Hello MetroMPG,

I really want a CVT because i am used to driving a automatic, I drove some CVT in the past and know they can be a bit lagging but it is ok for me. and it gets a good mpg witch is enough for me.

Currently I am not in Curacao but I used to work and live there but my contract expired so now I am back in the cold Netherlands ( not as cold as Canada though ) Its my intention to return there.

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    The prices of the 1.0 CVT and 2015 models are made official also there are less trimlevels now in Holland, they come better equipped standard.

1.0 Entry € 8.990 USD $ 9747 CAD $ 12304
    1.0 ClearTec Bright € 10.490 USD $ 11374 CAD $ 14357
    1.0 ClearTec Bright CVT € 11.990 USD $ 13000 CAD $ 16410
    1.0 ClearTec Instyle € 12.490 USD $ 13542 CAD $ 17095
    1.0 ClearTec Instyle CVT € 13.990 USD $ 15169 CAD $ 19148
    1.2 ClearTec Instyle € 14.490 USD $ 15711 CAD $ 19832
    1.2 ClearTec Instyle CVT € 15.990 USD $ 17337 CAD $ 21885

So many choices!!

Country
    Curacao
    Thanks
    There was even more choices but now they come standard with climate control (except the entry level).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Glad to see you have the option of the 1.0L with CVT. When are you looking to buy?

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)