Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage confirmed new information

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Has anyone figured out what seats might swap into the Mirage? I know there are a known few that will work in the Metros. (The world I come from) Maybe it's just too soon for people to be experimenting yet.
    Most logically I think that any Galant seat would be a direct bolt in

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (10-07-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Nice changes but...

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    New GT model
    New 2.0 Motor option
    ES, SE and, GT trims
    New front styling
    2 new color options of Sunrise Orange and Wine Red
    Rocksford Fosgate option
    15" rims based around the styling of the 2016 Outlander design
    Apple Car play
    Android Audio support
    Complete new rear end suspension setup
    Complete interior and engine compartment line for drastically lower road noise.

And for me I cant wait for order mine.

---

See related thread: 2017 Mirage news
    I doubt if the 2.0 litre engine would be available in Europe. You know, climate change taxation and all that would make it very expensive in my country and I think in more countries in Europe. If the Mirage stays the same kind of car it is now, I do not really see the need for a bigger engine at all. It is fast enough with the 1.2 litre engine as it is, and it would take away the strong point of the Mirage (fuel economy). But the rest looks good. We all know on this forum that the rear suspension set up needs a complete reworking, so that is good (although my car seems to drive OK and does not eat rear tyres at all). The lower road noise is also a bit strange. I do not see the need. I find my car very silent as it is now. Remember that insulation = extra weight = extra fuel consumption.

So, I seem to deduce that the 2017 Mirage will be less of an economy car, but more sporty or more comfy whatever you choose. I also think that it will be more expensive therefore. Moving a little bit up the market so to say. Maybe a wise commercial decision by Mitsubishi, but will it still be the extraordinary car in terms of economy and price it is today? Or will it become number 12 of more of the same (or whatever high number) in the compact class?

So, I doubt if the die hard Mirage (Space Star) fans will see a car like they love now so much. I for one will (need to)keep mine for as long as technically possible. This means many, many more years. Although that is necessary for budgetary reasons, I do not think the 2017 changes would make me fall in love with the concept, like it did with the 2013 Mirage back then.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You guys keep thinking the price is going to shoot up. The base engine will still be the 1.2. The 2.0 liter should stay the same. A better rear suspension and a little more sound installation isnt going to jack the base price up. You all will be fine!
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grsupercity For This Useful Post:

debburyl (10-07-2015),flotownj (10-07-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

I hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by grsupercity View Post
    You guys keep thinking the price is going to shoot up. The base engine will still be the 1.2. The 2.0 liter should stay the same. A better rear suspension and a little more sound installation isnt going to jack the base price up. You all will be fine!
    I hope you are right. But if the base engine will be the 1.2, I can hardly believe that it will be available at the price of the 1.0 which is available now. Do you see what I mean? Better sound insulation, bigger engine, better rear suspension, better interior materials... I think it will mean that it will be a direct competitor of the Ford Fiesta. There is nothing wrong with that, except that in my country the Ford Fiesta is 2000 Euro more expensive than a comparable Space Star (albeit the space star has then 20hp less).

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    I hope you are right. But if the base engine will be the 1.2, I can hardly believe that it will be available at the price of the 1.0 which is available now. Do you see what I mean? Better sound insulation, bigger engine, better rear suspension, better interior materials... I think it will mean that it will be a direct competitor of the Ford Fiesta. There is nothing wrong with that, except that in my country the Ford Fiesta is 2000 Euro more expensive than a comparable Space Star (albeit the space star has then 20hp less).
    which could mean that Mitsubishi would have more wiggle room and can sell their product for less.. You get more from selling volumes than increasing mark up

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    I bleed mitsu threw and threw but unless its priced way less than the fiesta st the fiesta is the better car. Recaro seats, a turbo smaller displacement better engineered motor. Those 2 things alone make it the better value. Lets not lie to ourselves the mirage needs new seats so badly compared to anything mitsu makes.
    Not trying to make it something its not. Just saying it'll be just as fast (or pretty close) to the Fiesta ST.

I can't imagine them not offering upgraded suspension and other bits though. The Fiesta ST is quite a bit different from the base model from what I've seen (which isn't a ton).
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by L047 View Post
    What about MIRAGE SEDAN? They need more vehicles to keep sales increasing.
    It is coming to the U.S./Canada. Expect it early next year (2016).

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan North American U.S. debut / launch date

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

updated Mirage at L.A. auto show

AutomobileMag reports that the 2017 Mirage Hatchback will appear at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...rt-due-in-l-a/

Press & Trade dates: Nov 17-19
    Open to Public: Nov 20-29

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuques For This Useful Post:

Daox (10-22-2015),MetroMPG (10-22-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mirage and outlander sport changes coming to LA auto show. Very exciting
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Wooo, thats sooner than I expected. I'm liking this.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)