Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    White
    CVT

Grill Block

•  
    Details

Front Lower Grill Block

•  

No Mods / Stock

•  

Radio / No Navigation

•  

No Mods / Stock

•  

No Mods / Stock

•  

No Mods / Stock

•  
    Comments: 4 / Views: 4220
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would love to see a picture of your grill block. Are you monitoring the CVT temperatures in any way?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
    I would love to see a picture of your grill block. Are you monitoring the CVT temperatures in any way?
    Yes, I have a computer setup to monitor on the OBD2 port that I drove around with a few times when it was hotter outside to see what coolant and CVT fluid temps were.

CVT fluid temps follow in lockstep with the coolant temps. So a coolant temp of 190F means the CVT fluid may be anywhere from 188-192. If the coolant spikes, the CVT spikes as well.

When the temp outside is 60 or below, my temps are always under 190F. Once it gets any warmer than that, they climb to anywhere between 200-220F thanks to the grill block. So I have to take it off when it get's too warm out. Isn't that big of a deal. It's held on by 3 wing nuts. Goes on and off super easy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BRagland For This Useful Post:

jbarr (01-07-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Needs some pics.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRagland View Post
    Yes, I have a computer setup to monitor on the OBD2 port that I drove around with a few times when it was hotter outside to see what coolant and CVT fluid temps were. CVT fluid temps follow in lockstep with the coolant temps. So a coolant temp of 190F means the CVT fluid may be anywhere from 188-192. If the coolant spikes, the CVT spikes as well.
    Would you mind sharing what OBD2 cable and software you're using? I want to monitor my CVT temps (primarily so I can accurately gauge if/when I need to top up the CVT fluid), but not all OBD2 programs will report the CVT temperature.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 3 CVT 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)