Thread: 2017 Mirage hatchback now at Montreal Auto Show: pricing announced

2017 Mirage hatchback now at Montreal Auto Show: pricing announced

Canadians get their first look at the redesigned Mirage hatchback starting tomorrow at the Montreal auto show: http://www.salonautomontreal.com -- Jan 15-24, 2016.

Name:  $$$$$$mirage-.jpg
Views: 2284
Size:  59.1 KB

PRICING: $100 more.

There's no new technical info about the car that we didn't get from the L.A. launch. (Canadian PR exerpt below). But we do get the price for the 2017:

"starting MSRP of $12,598"
    The current 2015 model starts at 12,498 in Canada (not counting the perpetual $2500 discount on the base trim to compete at $9,998 with the Nissan Micra).

The Mirage G4 sedan will get its North American debut at the Toronto auto show next month (Feb. 12).

(L.A. debut walkaround video)

2017 Mirage Receives Apple CarPlay & Android Auto™
    Available this spring at a starting MSRP of $12,598, the 2017 Mirage hatchback receives a fresh new look with redesigned hood, grille, front and rear bumper, fog and headlamps, rear spoiler and wheels. The exterior styling was given purpose, with an aerodynamic design to maximize fuel-efficiency and a simple, restrained form to help reduce weight, creating a car in which form and function come together.

Inside, Mirage receives a design update with new seat fabrics, gauge cluster, steering wheel and shift panel and becomes the first Mitsubishi Motors model in Canada to receive smartphone interface systems Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™.

The 2017 Mirage’s 1.2-litre 3-cylinder DOHC engine features the latest version of Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) variable valve-timing system that maximizes fuel efficiency and power output while minimizing emissions. With the addition of a roller-type camshaft, Mirage horsepower rises to 78 and torque remains at 74 lb-ft.

Mirage’s handling and brakes are improved for 2017 as well. Optimizing the spring rate and damping force of the shock absorbers while adding stiffness to the front end achieve handling and stability improvements. In addition, bigger diameter brake discs (251 mm) are used in the front and the rear brake drums (203 mm) have increased 23 mm. The brake pad/shoe material has also been changed for even better stopping performance.

Every 2017 Mirage comes equipped with an array of safety features and technologies. These include a seven air-bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) comprised of dual front air bags, dual front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, dual side-impact curtain air bags, and a driver’s knee air bag; 4-wheel anti-lock brakes with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Brake Assist; and Active Stability Control with Traction Control Logic and Hill Start Assist. Mirage features Mitsubishi Motors’ patented Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction.
    Source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...-vehicle-range

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-15-2016),Daox (01-14-2016),Tuques (01-14-2016)

Software Engineer
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That car in the video (Red 2017 Hatchback Mirage) is missing a shifter knob! View at 1:40
    I like the updates to styling in the interior. Looks much more refined. Somewhat better quality (appears at-least) as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.7 mpg (US) ... 22.0 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 62.0 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, taking the shift knobs AND the hood prop rods off show cars is standard operating procedure!

For different reasons.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'd love to see if they changed the rear stub axles mounting design (for some adjustability). See if the stub axles are still welded to the main beam unit.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deleted user For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (01-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    The only way we'll know is to ask the first few 2017 owners once they pop on here.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Um... That's not the Mirage's interior in the video. It's the outlander sport.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait, that had paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Why would a CVT need those?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That was not the interior of the Mirage as CABreen said. Look out of the front window when they are in the car showing the interior. You will see a white van. Then watch the entire video again and you will notice that the white van is parked in front of the outlander.

But hopefully we get that updated interior. I could care less about paddle shifters but the rest was nicer that the current Mirage