Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head gasket

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

head gasket

I only have 30000km on my Mirage.
    This Morning I was checking my oïl level, everything was find, but when I open the cap we use to fill up engine oïl it was full of this creamy with stuff we get when the head gasket blown.
    My car smoke withe at the begeining when the engine it cold and outside temperature below than 0 degres celcius, but don't smoke at all when the engine reach is temperature.
    I was thinking may be the condansation overnight in the valves cap can do that.
    What do you think about?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    There are test kits you can use that hook up to your radiator fill cap. They test if there is combustion gas in the coolant. Might be worth a check. Or, take it to the dealer and have them do it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travels View Post
    I only have 30000km on my Mirage.
    This Morning I was checking my oïl level, everything was find, but when I open the cap we use to fill up engine oïl it was full of this creamy with stuff we get when the head gasket blown.
    My car smoke withe at the begeining when the engine it cold and outside temperature below than 0 degres celcius, but don't smoke at all when the engine reach is temperature.
    I was thinking may be the condansation overnight in the valves cap can do that.
    What do you think about?
    If you're doing a lot of short trips then an amazing amount of moisture can acccumulate. If the engine still has moisture in it after a hour trip or so I would be concerned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Take it to the dealer as soon as possible, you want to get it fixed by warranty right

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm doing only city use with it, the engine just reach the tempereture I turn it off.
    That`s why I was thinking about condensation.
    I will see with the dealersship as I have to go to change the airbag conector.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Let us know what they say please.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If the head gasket is leaking then the coolant level will drop over time, so you will be adding coolant. If you are not adding coolant and the level is not dropping then the most likely cause is condensation due to never warming up properly. Change the oil and filter and take it for an extended drive. Get a block heater (if you have power available) to preheat the engine.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So finally I get an answers from the dealers ship.
    1st has I thought and most of you guy said, there is condensation due to the engine is turn off too early as I'm driving city and the cold winter in the maritime don"t help.
    2nd the heater we use for inside( works really well and fast bu the way) is an electrical heat attach to the side of the engine , generate a hot spot on the bloc engine and make more condensation.

Short dirve, cold weather and heater wide open make a pretty mess with oil in few time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to travels For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by travels View Post
    So finally I get an answers from the dealers ship.
    1st has I thought and most of you guy said, there is condensation due to the engine is turn off too early as I'm driving city and the cold winter in the maritime don"t help.
    2nd the heater we use for inside( works really well and fast bu the way) is an electrical heat attach to the side of the engine , generate a hot spot on the bloc engine and make more condensation.

Short dirve, cold weather and heater wide open make a pretty mess with oil in few time.
    well atleast you can sleep in peace now knowing the engine is fine by mitsu aproval

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Maybe make a habit of taking the car for a longer drive once a week or so, to get the condensation out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)