Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden Code P0068 and stalling issues, then everything seems OK.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I did hit that deer when the car had about 2000 miles or so on it going like 55 mph. They had to replace the hood, front left fender, door, and window, plus other parts. The car drove after hitting the deer but I had to get out the other side and it caved the driver door in real bad. The fender was smashed against the tire so I got out and pulled it out. I opened the hood and looked for leaks and found none. I was in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone service so kept driving and left it at the body shop after I was done with my jobs. Maybe the crash or the repair process did something.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jzurSbVMU

Conor

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cwatkin For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Thanks for sharing the video. You didn't really stand a chance, and the poor deer should have stayed put.

I'm curious to know why your camera moved right before and after the impact? Also, what camera are you using? I'm guessing it is a dashcam, correct (and not a GoPro)?

I suppose the impact *might* have something to do with your check engine light. Hopefully you got things sorted out when you re-seated those connectors.

Do you have a Scanguage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The camera moved before impact because I slammed on the brakes so hard that the antilocks didn't even have a change to engage and I skidded into the deer.

This is just a Cobra 1080P dash cam. It was a gift and I have another one as well that I had bought beforehand and need to also install. That is a better cam so I plan to put it in front and keep this one for the rear and move it between vehicles. There are so many crazies on the road and I never dreamed that the first incident would be a deer and not another idiot driver. I am out doing service work during the day and you are left shakign your head.....

Conor

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cwatkin For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-02-2016)

Conor - have you posted that deer video before? I missed it if you did.

If you haven't I'd like to copy that into a dedicated thread.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sure, go ahead and make a thread about the deer hit. I was so busy with work and then having to get the car repaired that I didn't even get around to posting it here.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just wanted to give an update that there have been no more issues so I suspect a bad connection was the reason. Again, this went away right after I unplugged and replugged the harness connectors. I have probably put 500 more miles with no problems on the car after this.

Conor

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cwatkin For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-11-2016),Eggman (11-11-2016),Fummins (06-29-2021),inuvik (11-11-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Thanks for following up! Its always annoying to read threads where the OP has issues, a bunch of people help him/her and they never reply if if it worked or not.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)