Thread: 50 MPG Mirage club - are you in it? (4.7 L/100 km)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey guys! Long story as short as I can. About 7 months ago purchased a Mitsubishi i-MiEV. (used with 15K miles).
    Kept the Mirage for the long trips. I only HAD to drive the Mirage maybe once but I can't even remember that.

Now I have 10.6 K miles driven with the i-MiEV. Works perfect for my commute. I can even charge at work but could make it
    there and back even if I couldn't charge it there. (58 mile round trip)

The part related to this thread: My wife has never driven the Mirage before until recently when she caught a deer at 60 MPH
    with her 2011 fiesta and totaled it.

The other day she drove my manual transmission Mirage to my work to look at vehicles.She told me to get a folder out of the car.
    When I got to the car,I turned the key on to crack the windows down and the display was left on avg.MPG "A" and it was showing
    that she got 51.2 MPG on her way there! I busted out laughing because she is NOT a hypermiler at all. Also she forgot to unfold
    the passenger side mirror. (and probably never noticed). So does that make her a 50 MPG club member?

We ended up getting her a brand spanking new Mitsubishi Outlander sport SE (nicer package than the base ES but did not need
    leather and paddle shifter as on the SEL).And has the 2.4L engine unlike the LE with it's 2.0L. This made us a 3 mitsu household.

On our round trip (of 240 miles)with the Mirage to get the Outlander Sport, I got 53.9 MPG and that had about zero hypermiling and a lot of interstate speeds. Warm Florida helps too!
    But if someone wants to push the Mirage for MPG, it is capable of a lot more than that! Especially the 5 speed!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-28-2017),Eggman (11-28-2017),MetroMPG (11-28-2017),Pryme (11-29-2017),Top_Fuel (11-28-2017)