Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
Any updates on how this electronic grill blocks working? do you keep it on year round? does it open automatically? does it let enough air in during the summer months? Have you tried making one for a mirage?
I never moved this grill block to my Mirage. And, shortly after getting it setup on the Insight I took it off the road for some repairs. Its still not back on the road.

I was also wondering if there was any particular reason that our grills are separated into two sections the mail slot and the lower grill other than aesthetics?
I'm pretty sure its all aesthetics.

Since in other posts you mentioned that blocking off the mail slot makes the biggest mpg gains because of the aerodynamics(air going over the vehicle instead of around). Is the MPG gains noticeable? Do you think developing a smart mail slot cover with a servo would make noticeable mpg gains?
I do think the MPG gain is noticable. I do not think making a mail smart mail slot cover is worth it. The lower grill is much larger and the air is right in front of the radiator, not just the very top part of it. There are lots of ways for air to go around the Mirage's radiator and locating the intake nearest the center is likely the best.

Im also interested in an electronic grill block because I feel (unsure if true) engine power is limited when the green coolant light is on, and because I live near a hill i go down regularly so im probably missing out on some DCFO MPG gains because I dont think DCFO occurs if the cold coolant light is on(again unsure if true).
I do not believe DFCO works until the engine is warmed up. I'm not sure exactly what temperature that is at, but at least according to my scangauge it does not work at some lower temps.