Thread: Fuel Economy this Winter Has been Extraordinarily Bad. What Should I do?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    How should I? I am rudementally educated when it comes to car mechanics and the Mitsu service people wont do anything. Who would be a smart person to take this too that could diagnose whats wrong?
    Make sure your air filter is clean.
    Keep idling warmup short, get moving asap. I drive at/below 2000rpm till temp light goes off.
    If you don't have one, absolutely get a block heater and use it.
    Drive at the slowest comfortable/safe speed to keep wind chill from working cabin heater too hard.
    Keep tires inflated to at least 35psi. (check pressure on a cold day to make sure)

As far as finding someone to diagnose fuel consumption issues? I don't know. Some of the guys on here with diagnostic tools may be able to help you do it yourself if none of the suggestions you're getting help.
    P.S. it's -25°C this morn. Highway mileage wouldn't drop below 6L/100km until I lowered cruise speed by 10km/h.
    Last edited by IchabodCrane; 01-30-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Ps add
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-30-2018)