Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from California USA

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hi from California USA

Hello there guys, I recently just purchased a 2014 Mirage and for a tiny fuel efficient car, it has some spunk.

This is my first Mitsubishi and the reason why i picked one up is because of the fuel efficiency with out the price of a hybrid, so its a perfect for daily driving from work to home, school to home, and an hour drive to parents.

I would like to know more about the car that i dont already know, like any aftermarket support and things like that. I wont turn it into a rice bucket but lets be honest, it really need some good suspension, and thicker tires that doesn't compromise fuel economy.

Anyways, my current vehicles now are:
    2014 Audi Q5
    2005 Toyota Corolla Xrs

The corolla was my daily, but after it reaching almost 300000 miles, i need a go getter car while i work on it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site! You are our first US owner to register (or at least comment that they bought the car). What trim and options did you go with?

We would love to see some pictures of your car too. Making a garage entry is quite quick and easy.

IMO a rear sway bar from ultra racing would do you very good. Other than that, as of right now Tein is the only one I know of making springs for the car. I'm sure that will change though. Here are some links to more info.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...!-Ultra-Racing

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...vers-from-Tein!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Congrats on being the first forum member/owner in North America!

Did you get the CVT or 5-speed?

I noticed you started a garage entry but it doesn't appear now. Is that because it requires a photo? We've had several people start garage entries which later show up as "deleted" (to us admins), like yours.

We'd really like to know your impressions of the car, eg. why you chose it. If you feel like making a mini "review" in this section, that would be great:

Reviews by Mirage / Space Star Owners
    Have you bought a Mirage? Piloted a Space Star? Share your general and detailed impressions in this forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    yes, tell us how it likes the hills of Diamond Bar??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congradulations and welcome

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you!

I got the CVT, i heard it gets better gas millage than the 5 speed

here are some photos

Last edited by pureflipking; 10-09-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The things i like about it are the fact that theyre small, no problems with weaving in and out of traffic, the transmission can get me up to speed at a descent rate even for a 3 cylinder, it is very light, and most specially the fuel efficiency.

it can take on the hills of Diamond Bar, and i live on one of the hills. The cvt is working well with it, but i just dont see the eco light being lit during .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see you got the Nav, Looks very nice. First iv seen of that color and I like it!

Hey - you got the full kit!

I see a couple of MPG readouts in your photos: 55.1 mpg (stopped) and 47.1 mpg @ 65 mph. We'll be looking forward to seeing your results at fill-up time.

How'd you hear about the car? Were there any other cars under consideration before you bought it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    If you don't mind, how much did you pay for your Mirage? It might help others negotiate prices, and I'm just nosy.

Actually, thats a pretty good idea for new buyers looking to get an idea of what to pay for their car... lets start a thread for that:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...or-your-Mirage

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)