I was kind of bored the other day at lunch, so I decided to start messing around with the idea of designing an exhaust header for the Mirage. You may or may not know it, but the stock exhaust manifold on the 14-15 Mirages is not the greatest from a flow perspective (the 17+ is better designed). Here is a picture of the 2014-2015 manifold.
So, I set about seeing if it would even be possible to cram a small tubular header into the Mirage. This design is intended to be a drop in replacement for the exhaust manifold. No other exhaust changes would be necessary at all. It would bolt right up with no other mods required. The CAT in the picture above would be retained. Just the small exhaust manifold itself would be replaced. No worries about emissions or deleting the CAT which is one thing I really don't like about the only other available headers (Supercircuit & Speedlab). The design intent would be to free up a few ponies, but also increase engine efficiency and fuel economy. So, kind of a 'well rounded' header.
At this point its extremely rough. If I end up cleaning it up, I need to take better measurements to make sure its clearing the firewall and all the junk on it. I'm sure the outlet is not exactly where its supposed to be, its just eyeballed at this point. As you can see, its pretty tight haha. But, its been fun messing around with it.