Thread: Clutch Failure on 2015 DE 5-Spd (Update: damaged clutch disc)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Clutch Failure on 2015 DE 5-Spd (Update: damaged clutch disc)

Hi folks,

I have a 15' Mirage DE with the 5-speed transmission. I was driving it this morning to and from the airport with no issues. I got back to the airport parking lot and the car felt funny going into gear as I found a parking spot. Now the car won't go into gear unless the car is either off, or I force it while raising the engine RPM's. I was able to get the car to my apartment finally.

It makes a quiet grinding/rubbing noise when I push the clutch. Clutch pedal feels normal. Transmission doesn't make noise when in gear and drives fine. Only problem I have is getting into gear while stationary with the engine running, or when changing gears it's a little tough to get into gear.

Car has 66,000 miles on it and I don't leave my foot on the clutch pedal or drive it hard. I'm thinking it's a throwout bearing, but could it be the pressure plate? Mitsubishi wants a million dollars to diagnose it and i'm sure $1200 to replace the clutch out of warranty (not covered). Any help would be great.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VintageBandit For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-27-2018)