Thread: Toronto Star: comments on 2014 Mirage technogy & "decent handling" (wheels.ca)

Toronto Star: comments on 2014 Mirage technogy & "decent handling" (wheels.ca)

Mirage gets two mentions this week in Canada's biggest automotive publication (the "Wheels" section of the Toronto Star Saturday newspaper), including a front page photo (above).

First, it's mentioned in a piece that talks about how advanced automotive tech is found even on entry level cars (eg. ABS/ASC, bluetooth, multi-information displays, USB audio input, tire pressure monitoring systems, etc.).

Some of the tech now integral to even the lowest-price cars would have seemed exotic in premium classes just a decade ago. The Mitsubishi Mirage, for example...
    Next, Mirage gets a brief mention as a competitor in the "Small cars under $21000" category for a car of the year competition. (Spoiler alert: they pick the Mazda 3.)

The brief description is riddled with factual errors (about price & standard equipment), but I found this line interesting...

It handles well, however, with smooth steering inputs and decent handling.
    ... especially considering that front page photo, with the silver Mirage over on its ear on the autocross test course!

Full article: http://www.wheels.ca/news/test-fest-...s-under-21000/

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

m4v3r1ck (11-02-2013),Mikhail (11-02-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Indeed standard error, there's no bluetooth in european entry model. there's not even tire pressure sensor on the highest model.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Tire pressure monitoring is now a requirement on every car in the US I believe. It was mandated as not only a safety thing, but also to help reduce fuel consumption.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)