I'll post photos of the clutch if there's anything unusual with it.

I've taken a total of 214 autocross runs in the car, but I don't launch abusively. Just sort of like a quick street launch. But, my clutch is noisy. Not sure if it's "normal" noise, or if there's something up with it. I've actually been thinking that it may have a broken spring, or just something loose and rattly. It's not "terrible", but it makes more noise than I think it should. And I can get it to make a hideous noise if I get too aggressive in reverse, like when I back into my driveway.

Plan is to get the flywheel lightened, and replace the clutch. There's a local clutch company that does custom stuff, I may take the disk there for an upgrade, especially if it is damaged. The pressure plate, I'll likely leave alone unless it's too worn.

I've found an engine locally. Trying to work a deal that will get me the 2017 engine plus brakes, and maybe a height-adjustable seat if they have one. Might as well upgrade some stuff while I'm at it!

Got a bunch of friends coming Saturday to help pull the engine, and a few people (including the guy who mis-shifted it... and, yeah, me) who are eager to do a post-mortem on the engine. I expect we'll have the engine out by noon, and if I know Mike (he's one of those guys who is just very speedy with a wrench), the engine will be field-stripped in about 20 minutes!