Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First long distance freeway trip this weekend

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Just got home. Didn't do 400 miles today like I had originally estimated. Ended up only driving 355 miles.

Started the day with a full tank of gas, filled it back up at 240 miles and then drove home from my last client.

These little cars aren't much but they are dependable. You really don't have to do any prep work for a 200 mile trip. I literally hop in my car and do that every day with no preparation other than filling the tank with gas every morning.
    Uhmmm, what cars need any prep every 200 miles, much less like, 8000 miles.

I mean I drove a Jeep a thousand miles a day for a few days. All I did was buy doritos, energy drinks and fuel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Uhmmm, what cars need any prep every 200 miles, much less like, 8000 miles.

I mean I drove a Jeep a thousand miles a day for a few days. All I did was buy doritos, energy drinks and fuel.
    And that is why this is a silly thread. I've taken the Delorean on 3,000 mile trips with nothing note than an oil change before and after the drive.

200 miles in any modern car is nothing.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Long gone are the days where if it starts raining you need to pull over and tune your carb. 1977 was... a few years ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    It may be a silly thread, but a lot of people have concerns about how the Mirage deals with freeway trips, or how it goes through snow, or how well the A/C works, or or or... This forum is here to provide information to people who are looking, no matter how silly it may seem to some.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-01-2018),poorman1 (11-01-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    It may be a silly thread, but a lot of people have concerns about how the Mirage deals with freeway trips, or how it goes through snow, or how well the A/C works, or or or... This forum is here to provide information to people who are looking, no matter how silly it may seem to some.
    I wouldn't buy a car if I were concerned it couldn't make it down the freeway. Thats why I refuse to ever own a Kia.

Refer to Post #18

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Oh yeah, these are not your typical little cars. I spent quite a bit of time here on the forum learning from other owners about their experience rather than the 'professional' reviewers. I'm sure glad I didn't listen to them or the other hecklers.

Not bad for a city car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you. These 'silly' threads may not apply to someone, but may to others. These type of snarky remarks are happening more often lately, and by the same few members. Thanks for at least addressing it, even if it doesn't change too much
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Refer to Post #18
    That post made my day when I saw it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Oh yeah, these are not your typical little cars. I spent quite a bit of time here on the forum learning from other owners about their experience rather than the 'professional' reviewers. I'm sure glad I didn't listen to them or the other hecklers.

Not bad for a city car.
    Exactly.
    (blank signature)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-01-2018)

Yup, I get tired of the peanut gallery. Especially when they're usually posting wrong information or being self contradicting in every other post.
    But hey, I'd probably be snarky all the time too if all I had to talk about was how much more I drove the cheapest car money can buy around than others have. Oh and how much I hate Kia's

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm still at a loss.

Who is concerned when buying a new car if itll work on the highway? Not trying to be the peanut gallery here, just earnestly honestly confused.

It's a car. It has an engine, wipers, heater, lights and windows. Why wouldnt it work on a freeway? It's not a tank, it's not a tractor, and it's not a moped.

Say what you will but the concept makes no sense. Gravel roads, deep snow, mud, ask away. But a car on a road shouldnt invoke fear or suspicion of ability.