Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Abs light

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I haven't heard a thing since I dropped it off last Thursday. I looked at the gps and the key hasn't been turned on since Friday morning. I just called the dealer and got the "oh yeah we were just about to call you, they just finished looking at it"......
    They think it needs an etac unit. They want $1300, I told the guy that's not gonna happen and asked if they'd use one I pull one from one of our parts cars. They were surprisingly receptive to that idea. So that's where I'm at now.
    I'm curious to know if they've checked the wiring, switches and lights associated with this. I would be more receptive to trying their suggestion of 'swapping ETACS' once I've seen their data on all the circuits they've tested. They would be simple tests, too - just check for shorts, ground faults - heck even a close visual inspection can reveal surprises.

Sounds like they're throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, I should have attempted this one myself. They claimed to have tested all the wiring and everything is pointing to the etacs. I don't care at this point, I just want the car back already.
    The frustrating part is they haven't moved the car since last week but the service manager assured us it'd be taken care of asap after I dropped it off. If it were my car I'd complain enough to get a loaner, but we won't get one cause it'll cost even more when a driver damages something.

The problem the car is having is the traction control light comes on sometimes as well as it sounds like the traction control might be kicking in similar to driving with the brake pressed while on the throttle. The etacs I sent over looks like a lighting module. It clips onto the back of the fuse box.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-31-2019),MetroMPG (02-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Omron - hmm.

How about that. I thought this would be a Bosch unit, like MUT-III.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Dealer just called, said they can't program the module. They're saying the etacs is a one time use deal and can't be reprogrammed. Only option is to buy new and hope it fixes it. I might just pick it up and try some trouble shooting and try to find where the burning smell is coming from and test drive it more to find out exactly when it acts up. Unless the etacs they pulled out of the car is melted I wouldn't want to spend anymore money thrown parts at it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    They're saying the etacs is a one time use deal and can't be reprogrammed.
    Um... don't guys here on the forum regularly reprogram their ETACS options?
    Simplify and add lightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Um... don't guys here on the forum regularly reprogram their ETACS options?
    They change setting but not reflash the unit itself, as far as I know? I can change some setting with my autel scanner but haven't attempted reprogramming the vin or anything like that.

I should clarify my last post.. The dealer is claiming that you can't take one module from a car and reprogram it to work on another. Who know's... our dealer is f-tarded. This is the first time I've heard of vin locked anything, on a vehicle. If that's the case these cars will be tossed in the garbage when there's a computer problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Loren (01-31-2019)

So I just picked up the car. I called earlier about picking it up and the service guy said it's torn apart and they'll bring it in and put it together so I can pick it up in an hour. I just get there and the car hasn't been touched in days. A foot of snow surrounding it.
    Anyways.. the car runs. Drove it back, the traction control light came on 1/2 way back here. Just for the hell of it I checked the brake lights(rear lights) not dash lights) They are on and bright without touching the pedal lol...... So I'm hoping they'll get a call next week asking for our money back for the work they did.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Wow...
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Today I couldn't get the car to act up. I looked at the connector I had corrosion issue's with on another Mirage and the dealer had actually relocated the harness up and out of the way. It wasn't crusty like the other car but did show very light traces of green schmooh. I ended up just cutting the plug from the harness and soldered all the wires together.

I'm not sure if this will be a fix or not as the problem is so intermittent. But the traction control light was on when I picked up the car and when I drove it over there but it hasn't come on today. I took the car for a 30 min drive and so far so good. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I'll try and program this "un"-programmable used etacs with my work scanner. It has a menu to program a new vin for the etacs.