Quote Originally Posted by Criver12 View Post
...test drove a 15' ES with navigation at Carmax
...48k miles
...priced at 10k
...What do you guys think?
I have a 2015 ES (MSRP $15,000) that I bought brand new in March of 2016...for $10,300. Very few people paid anywhere near sticker price for these things by the time 2015 rolled around.

Nobody should pay anywhere near $10K for a 4-year-old Mirage right now. I'm not knocking my own car...but I doubt Carmax has $5K in that Mirage. If they do, their buyer should be fired. If you have a link to that car, post it. I looked on Carmax and can't find a Mirage that fits your description.

I would re-read post 25. If I wanted to buy a used Mirage right now, I think I would give that dealer a call and price out a new one. I might have to drive up there and drive the car home, but if I'm saving thousands of dollars and getting a brand new car for the price of a 4-year-old used one, it would be well worth it. That dealer isn't that far from you.

I negotiated with and purchased my car from an out-of-state dealer that was 350+ miles away. It was somewhat inconvenient for me to pick up the car (I had to drive an 11 hour round trip in one day)...but I got a great deal and exactly what I wanted. I would do it all over again. Heck...I'll call that dealer in Minnesota myself next time!