Thread: 2014 Mirage CVT with 45k miles a reliable vehicle?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The technical term for it on a CVT car is the 'ring gear', which is what I am sure Fummins meant. This seems to be a problem that Mitsubishi caught on to fairly quickly, and it is mostly seen in very early '14 CVT cars. It is prevalent in '14 cars with 2013 build dates. What is the build date on yours? Check the sticker inside the driver's door jamb.

If yours doesn't grind on engagement, then it is possible the problem was already taken care of by Mitsubishi under warranty. By the way, if you have 45k on the car you might try to find your car's original in-service date. You may have some of the factory 5/60 warranty left if you encounter any problems. That warranty is transferable to other owners.

Other than this problem and the notorious 'misaligned rear axle problem' (search here), these cars are very, very reliable.
    Same **** different pile.....flexplate,flywheel....same thing to me and the guy who's gonna be looking up parts at the store.. Ring gear is actually the gear that goes around the plate but who's being picky? lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-07-2019)