Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone from US/2014 Cloud White Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. Sorry for the late reply. Lol. I was out of town for Thanksgiving holiday and haven't had time to get on these past two days. My next plans are actually just a few small exterior mods. I will have to hold off on the bigger stuff til next year since Christmas presents are going to take up most of my money. And yes, I used Plasti-Dip for the front bumper and housings. I wanted that smooth matte finish to replicate the OEM plastic look. I also Plasti-Dipped the body side moldings since I didnt want to go through the pain having to paint and clear coat them. But I have a few pics of my Mirage with the yellow tint installed on the fogs. Havent had the time to get some good ones but I guess these will do for now.

These are my before pics of my 6G next to my 5G Mirage.

And after.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new Mirage. It looks fantastic. The blacked out grille and foglight housings make the front end appear more aggressive. Nicely done!

It, in a way, reminds me of the Suzuki Alto with that front end

Name:  Suzuki-Alto-2013.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  20.7 KB

It's also interesting to see how much taller and broad shouldered the new Mirage is versus the 1997-2001 version. It looks massive head-on when parked together compared to the older and "larger" one

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
    Congrats on the new Mirage. It looks fantastic. The blacked out grille and foglight housings make the front end appear more aggressive. Nicely done!

It, in a way, reminds me of the Suzuki Alto with that front end

Name:  Suzuki-Alto-2013.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  20.7 KB

It's also interesting to see how much taller and broad shouldered the new Mirage is versus the 1997-2001 version. It looks massive head-on when parked together compared to the older and "larger" one
    Thanks. I've never heard of that Suzuki but I like it! Lol. Does look very similar.

I guess its just these pics but I have other older pics of before I blacked out the front end, where you can see how much smaller the new Mirage is compared to the older ones. Its fatter and definitely taller but thats pretty much it. The older Mirages have a longer wheelbase and are of course longer in length. They look wider too but havent really compared specs. The new Mirage has almost everything smaller than the old one. Smaller wheels, smaller brakes, smaller and thinner springs, smaller CV axles, smaller everything pretty much. Lol. I love both these cars, however. Theyre different in some ways but the same in a lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Tell us a bit about your 5G while you're at it.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Small update. I have finally gotten a chance to apply the red vinyl on my Mitsu emblems. I was never really a fan of the newer all chrome Mitsu emblems. So for going back to the original red diamonds I measured the side, height and length of each diamond. Then I made a template and cut out a bunch of diamonds from my vinyl. Placing em there was probably the hardest part cause I'm a bit OCD. Lol. Let me know that you guys think!

Also, I apologize in advance for my car being a bit dirty. Its impossible keeping it clean with all this damn snow. I'm not used to it. Lol. I miss Houston.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

I tried my best to get it as even as possible but it was difficult for me to measure, cut and place them perfectly on each diamond to leave an even chrome border around each one. I wanted to make them look exactly like the older Mitsu emblems.

Anyway, I am currently cutting out the diamonds for the Mitsu emblem on the steering wheel so I will post pics of how that turns out when I can. Oh! And I finally got my LED bulbs from China! Lol.
    Last edited by ShiroMirage; 12-11-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice, Shiro. Its all in the details.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    keep up the work, Im wondering how blacking out the license plate area would look. Anyones computer doing weird stuff while viewing these pics? mine is freaking out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Looks good! Nice job. I kind of miss the red emblem too.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    keep up the work, Im wondering how blacking out the license plate area would look. Anyones computer doing weird stuff while viewing these pics? mine is freaking out.
    There was someone on here that did that already. And it might be the ads from photobucket. Wish I knew how to get rid of em. =\

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    ^ how did it look? I don't recall seeing the pic