Thread: Hi everyone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hi everyone

I've been browsing this forum for some time, and finally figured I'd create an account.

I purchased a new 2018 Mirage ES, manual transmission, last November. I live in Minnesota, work in the IT department of a Fortune 100 company, and usually commute 65-70 miles in the Twin Cities area. So far, I'm up to around 23,000 trouble free miles and counting. I usually find myself averaging 46-47 mpg, hand calculated at the pump. Only one tank was under 40 mpg so far, and that was in -30f weather last winter.

The more I drive this car, the more difficult it is to understand why so many don't see it's appeal. It handled well in last year's winter, and I genuinely can't find anything to complain about. Even hauled a 55 inch tv inside the car once, as well as utilizing the car for numerous trips to Hom Depot and Menards.

I realize plenty of people don't see it this way, but from the perspective of reliable transportation where I can't lose an arm and a leg in value (due to low purchase price), there's nothing else I'd rather be driving for my commute. My wife has a 3rd row suv, so we have everything covered for the occasional tasks that are too hefty for the Mirage.

Looking forward to continuing to enjoy the minimal costs of this vehicle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aseverin64 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-18-2019),MetroMPG (10-22-2019)