How to Remove/Replace the Interior Filter / Pollen Filter
As a real DIY enthusiast I like to maintain all vehicles myself. A new Spacestar, aha lets see: Airfilter, Oilfilter, Plugs, Brakefluid, Engine Coolant, Washer Fluid EASY! Interior Filter......... After a small search I found it.
The Interior Filter is located in the cabin on the passenger side behind the glove box!
1) Open the glove box and remove its content. When it is opened you can see the two restraints holding it, one on the left and one on the right (at the arrows). Push the walls of the box inwards (as the arrows indicate) and voila now you can drop the box to the floor.
2) The glove box is now only connected to the dash at the hinges (see arrows), a gentle pull with the box in a horizontal position will release the hinges.
3) With the box removed you can now see the heater unit with blower and electronic control box. Right above the fan there is a little compartment with a small cover. The cover can be opened by pushing the release (see arrow) to the left and pulling the cover towards you.
4) And voila there it is, the filter can be removed by pulling it towards you!
5) Note that some filters are designed to have the airflow through it in a certain direction (indicated by an Arrow on the filter itself), in this case the Arrow should be pointed downwards.
As you can see it is really easy to install a new Interior Filter youself!
I hope there are more DIY enthusiast out there who will post a lot of How To's on this forum, so we can all enjoy our Space Star/Mirage even more!!
Greetings from the Netherlands
View my fuel log 2013 Spacestar Invite 1.0 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.1 mpg (Imp)