Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about buying an ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Thinking about buying an ES

Howdy from Houston, TX, although I'm an immigrant from the Philippines. I've been here since 8-9 years ago.

I've rolled around in different cars over those years. Started with an 88 Corolla FX, then an 09 corolla, then a 2010 rio.

I've also had a few bikes. Above were my 'training wheels' ninjette 250. Then I had a ninja 600, but sold it after a couple of years. I was in my senior year and it was either play with the bike and don't graduate, or sell the bike (someone offered a good deal anyways) and graduate on time. I currently have a Kawasaki ZRX1200r.

Currently, the Rio is a base rio, withOUT ac and ps; yes, you read right, no AC and power steering IN TEXAS.

I was still in college at the time and needed a reliable transpo. They wanted 9k for it new and 150/mo so I bit. I would have kept it forever too as the initial plan was to strip it naked as soon as the payments are done and use it as a track car. However...

Recently, my brother played bumper cars with it and it's currently in the shop. Thinking about trading it in for the mirage as I have now finished school and have a decent enough job, but still want low-ish payments.

I may get the DE 5speed and just slap my current enkei rims on the mirage, but I have to double check the specs on the wheels before I decide. If the payments are low enough for an ES, I'll probably go that route so I have 2 sets of wheels. I usually put summer tires on the enkei for tight cornering.

The current wheel+tire setup is what I love. Just enough meat in the tires and just a tad wider than the wheel. Although I doubt it will work for the mirage as this setup is 205-55-15. I'll probably be lucky to push 195-55-15 if the wheels are +40. I'll update y'all when I find out what the offset is.

Sorry for babbling, this is usually what happens when I post late at night as I used to do all my homework/papers at this hour...

Last edited by Ares; 01-30-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome. I'll run 195/50/15 soon. Should be fine but ill post pictures and write a review on some rpf1s. Test drive the mirage if you have the chance. I personally enjoy the car and the gas savings do add up

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks. I may have seen you post somewhere that you are thinking of doing that... Would definitely appreciate pictures...

What offset on the rpf1?

50 might be a little too low-pro for me. I like some meat in my tires, lol. I wonder if I can find a 14.5 diameter and run 55s...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    in size 15 it has 2 offsets. 41/35. I know our stock rims should be at 46. Ill try the 41 offset

5. The Following User Says Thank You to socal6g For This Useful Post:

m4v3r1ck (01-30-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    A very useful information. I've been looking everywhere for the correct ET (offset) of the stock rim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    if i can find the link of where i found the info ill post it haha. I know I read it here or the MPH forum. here is one link. Kinda hard since I dont unerstand half of whats written on that forum lol http://www.miragepilipinas.com/Thread-Wheel-Offset i know I read it somewhere on this forum. I just have to search

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I can't enter the forum, must sign in ... not gonna do since i won't understand much anyway

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Howdy Ares. I actually have a 2010 Ninja 250. Takes corners like a champ so I understand why you had one. You will find that they have some pretty good deals on es's

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^ The 2010's look even better than mine, reverse tank, fairings and all. However, I don't think I can do it again as I'm a big guy. I always have the throttle pinned on sweepers.

@socal: I may join MPH since I'm Filipino. May have some good insiders on aftermarket parts too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Ares. I agree with the others. Go test drive the Mirage and see if you like it. Its not going to be quick (but neither is the Rio), but I suppose that is what the Kawasaki is for.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)