(Admin note: split these posts from another thread.)

===

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
I just had an opportunity yesterday to test the Mirage's acceleration with my CVT. I was on a four lane city street that merged down to two lanes right after the light. The left lane had a line of cars and the right lane had no cars in it. So I rolled up to the light in the right hand lane and there was a Spark in the left lane first in line. He looked at me with a "you jerk" look and I could see the Spark move ahead a little like he was throttle braking slightly to make sure he wouldn't let me in at the merge.

I put the Mirage in "B", turned the traction control off and watched for the light to turn yellow on the other light. Applied the brake with my left foot and gave a little throttle (about 1200 rpm). Green light, floored it and took my foot off the brake. The Spark must have had a CVT too because he did the same thing.

The Spark pulled ahead for about 1/2 a car length but the 3A92 is eager to rev and spooled up to 6000 rpm's almost immediately. I could hear the Spark's crappy 4 cylinder slowly revving as I went by. Absolutely smoked him.
It is impossible in the Mirage to switch the traction control off. This must be fake although it is not difficult at all to floor a Spark.