Thread: Re-joining the 3-cylinder club

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Re-joining the 3-cylinder club

Hi all! I was a member of the Geo Metro club a few years ago. Since then, I've had a Yaris, then no car at all for a few months, and then a Cruze. I sold the Yaris because I could never get used to the wonky throttle response. I gave up on not having a car because it turns out I really do like having a car, even if I don't use it much, and A/C is nice when it's 115°. I sold the Cruze because the engine broke.

I had a lot of fun with the Metro, though, and my woes with the Cruze drove me back towards something small and simple. Last weekend, I rode my bike up to Scottsdale and took a look at the base-model Mirages they had for $11,500. I never thought I'd be the owner of a new car, as in not just new to me, but new new. The sight of that pristine little 3-cylinder in the engine bay, untainted by decades of abuse, unadorned by plastic shrouds, and not complicated by turbos or hybrid drives, makes me so happy.

I signed for a new Sapphire Blue '19 hatchback that morning, and dumped my broken Cruze on craigslist that afternoon. It sold in less than 15 minutes because I was too pessimistic about what people would pay for a broken car. Still, I got 3x what the dealer was willing to pay for it.

I brought in the check and drove the new car home today. It's cloudy today, so pictures have to wait until tomorrow. All I have now is this:

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (02-09-2019),Alex1a1f (02-09-2019),craigq (02-10-2019),Daox (02-10-2019),dspace9 (02-09-2019),inuvik (02-12-2019),Marklovski (02-10-2019),Pryme (02-10-2019)