Thread: Mitsu president: "There is no way we are going to withdraw from the U.S. market."

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mitsu president: "There is no way we are going to withdraw from the U.S. market."

When I read online reviews of the Mirage, one of the most frequent comments I see from readers goes something like this:

"I wouldn't buy a Mirage because the company is going to go out of business in the U.S."

Well, Mitsu President Osamu Masuko was recently asked "You won't pull out or close your U.S. plant?"

The answer seems pretty clear:

There is no way we are going to withdraw from the U.S. market.
    Other highlights from the article:

- Mitsubishi Motors (globally) recently posted record net income (implied: it can afford to stay in the U.S. while it rebuilds its product line)
    - The goal is to increase North American sales from 110,000 (this year) to 150,000 (end of 2017).
    - Mitsu's performance fans will be sad to hear the company has no plans to pursue a sports/performance vehicle
    - The US will see a focus on SUV's & crossovers
    - The company has announced cooperation with Nissan/Renault to bring a D-segment car (Galant) to the US, but there's no decision on whether to cooperate or produce the C-segment (Lancer) on their own

Full article: http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...wth-starts-now

(Thanks to Zxit for the heads up on this article.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (12-16-2013),Tinker1980 (11-24-2014)