Thread: What do you do for a living?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After 17 years of college and working full time I got a masters degree in civil engineering - worked in architecture and engineering during that time and for about 6 years after graduating. For the next 12 years I converted a hobby into a career and worked in software development - best job ever!, but it came to an end at about the same time that I was getting burnt-out so it kind of worked out ok. The last 5 years I have been working in insurance actuarial. Yes, it is as boring as it sounds but it's easy and the pay is very good. I have 4 yrs to retirement so I can stick it out no problem. Lately, I have been buying up machine tools and watching youtube videos on how to run metal lathes, milling machines, etc. I built a shop attached to my house and have developed a few products to sell on ebay. My hobby now is antique motorcycles, not the real old ones, the ones from my youth. I make parts for them that are obsolete, no longer produced. Always looking for new tools to buy and new products to make.
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 01-7700 For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-23-2018)